The Grizzly survived the Savannah River on Woody's Hog Hunt...

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Yesterday, I decided it was time to try out the ole Grizz since I figured it had plenty of time to dry out since February's float trip down the Savannah River. Also because I need it to go pull 4 remaining stands from last years club.

Anyways after airing the tires I noticed the nearly new battery was dead. I charged the battery and it cranked right up, put it in reverse and it backed right off the trailer. Now for the real test! I put her in high gear and we was off to the races.... :clap:

She ran as if she had never been in a drop of water though the seat was still holding water as it poured out of it once I removed it to charge the battery... :huh: I guess that foam acted just like a sponge, though I still thought that it would have been dry by now after all it's only been about 4 months since I floated it out of the river.

Anyways, just thought I'd let ya'll know it survived the ordeal...:clap: Thanks largely to Beretta for his help with draining all the water out and so forth.... :clap:

Woody's Janitor

Milton, I'm glad your boat ( I mean Grizzly) is still running!
Your seat should be dry but a stray cat is possibly using it to mark his territory!! :bounce:

You sure that your "Depends" aint leaking !!! :rofl:

Jkidd

Glad shes still running... Did you leave your club(caney head) or just removing stands to place them elsewhere??

Jason

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Jason,

I'm moving on to somewhere else. I just got tired of the drive, especially with having to drive either through or around Atlanta each weekend. On Fridays I either had to leave early to beat the traffic or arrive late to camp, otherwise I would just sit in traffic and still be late to camp.

I'm stilling looking for something within 1 to 1-1/2 hours drive from Lawrenceville except where I don't have to drive through Atlanta. Mike bivins aka Southern Steel is still in the club and Chuck Martin has recently joined also. There's also a couple of others from here there. Hopefully Mike will invite us both over for a rabbit hunt one weekend after deer season is over. I know he was interested in hunting with us this past season.

Jkidd

I know the feeling Nut.. Im driving 1hr 20 mins to my club. Id give anything to find a club closer to home just to run my dogs on. Id pay top $$ just for running rights but finding a club close to home always seems impossible... Good luck on finding one and when rabbit season gets here your more than welcome to come up and hunt with me at my place.. according to mapquest it would be about 100 miles for ya :)

Jason

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Thanks Jason! I may take you up on that invite, thats about the same mileage for me to go to Caney Head.

I could usually drive it in around 1-3/4 to 2 hours, though if I left out during rush hour traffic which around here on a Friday is like between 3pm to 7pm it was more like 4 hours... :hair:

It just made it really tough when you try to go about every weekend like I do, plus with the price of gas the way it is now it is almost to expensive... :(

biggabuck

Did you get that thing back to running down at woodys with all the water i saw come out of the spark plug. I didnt think it would ever run right again. I thought polaris were the only one that like to swim.Yall need to ask craig about his old explorer 335. I think that thing was a timex took a knight licking and kept on ticking!!! ::ke: ::ke:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Yea man! Once it dried out it has ran fine, though I have only rode it up and down the road about 3 or 4 times so far. Hopefully it's fine. I changed the oil in it down there at Woody's and I'm gonna change it once or twice more real quick like just to make sure all the water is drained out before I run it to long. The original oil that came out of it after submerging it was pure white it had so much water in it... :bounce:

Meriwether Mike

You need to be featured in a Yamaha commercial after the abuse that Grizzly took and keeps on a runnin. :bounce:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
I sure hope the walkingshaw members aren't still miffed that you didn't pay for the fishing rights that weekend :rofl:

That sure was one funny looking four wheeler hung up on its side like that , I'm glad shes still a runnin for ya

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Mike, that would be cool, especially if they gave me a new one for doing it.... :bounce:

Dbone, they just better be glad it wasn't duck season....:D I could have cleaned house on the ducks that day, they were swimming all around me and never knew I was anywhere around up in that 16' tripod with 2' of water all around me...:bounce:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Sandra, I'll save that one till I've gotten a chance to ride it a full day in the field... ;)

Right now, I'm still knocking on wood and a praying.

I bought new oil and a filter for it today and hopefully can get it changed out this week. I figure if it will make it through another oil change or two and it should be fine.

bradpatt03

heck my old one got flipped off a cliff by someone who will remained unnamed that's a member on here (joe moran) and landed upside down in about 4 feet of water...they walked it down the river till it wasn't too steep to push it out...cranked it up..let it run till water quit comin out the pipe and took off. it ran fine ever since then (until about a month ago when the engine blew up :bounce: ) ....don't think it was cause of that, though so don't worry joe :ke: