Doves--Where can I shoot some?

smuhunter

I know that there is already a post regarding dove hunting clubs, but I am hoping to find a place a little bit closer to Atlanta. I would love to find a place somewhere east of ATL near Madison (Morgan County). Does anyone have any leads for such a place. I would like something to have for the whole season.

Nick

little rascal

Yes Sir.....

...Dustin said it right. It also will have info from some that lease for private shoots and public. I can't wait!!!2more months!!!!! :bounce:

deepsouthtech

You can some to the state prison in Reidsville. They usually have several fields open to the public. But I must warn you, it can get very crowded.

Jody Hawk

I'd stay away from those WMA shoots if I were you. My buddy shot at Clybel two years ago and he said that there was folks everywhere and that he'd never do that again. He said that everytime a dove hit the ground everyone was looking at each other asking which one got him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

jay sullivent

Jody Hawk said:
I'd stay away from those WMA shoots if I were you. My buddy shot at Clybel two years ago and he said that there was folks everywhere and that he'd never do that again. He said that everytime a dove hit the ground everyone was looking at each other asking which one got him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

i,ve been on some good WMA dove shoots.i have been on more than a few at many different wma's and have only had a few problems with other people. no more than on pay shoots. as a matter of fact, i think i have had more problems with other people on pay shoots.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
deepsouthtech said:
Thank GOD that I have my own place to shoot. ::;

I hear you on that one. It is great to not have a crowd and be able to choose the times you hunt. I am so thankful that my grandfather got the land he did a long time ago.

Burl E.

Don't go to Dawson forrest WMA and hope to bag a couple of birds. Went there one year and got checked 3 times, only shot 2 times and that was out of frustration.

smuhunter

Lease

I know what y'all are saying about public hunting. It just seems that everyone has a bad experience with it that I know, similar to a lot of public duck hunting.

I really would like to find a lease that I could go to whenever I feel free. Man, that is wishful thinking, but a man has to dream! I really just want to be able to leave the office and head out in the afternoon and just go by myself or take a friend.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

short stop

well I hope the GON pays off ---I live in madison and it seems every person between Social Circle and MADISON w/ 2 ac thinks they have have got a dove field -many many baited fields - I have been on some great shoots around here but it seems to be getting alot more crowded nowadays with less birds -- thats speakin from 20+ YRS HUNTING-in the same county ---I plan on gowin south this yr.Be looking in the GON myself --goodluck

gtaff

Banned
I went to Rum Creek and had great sucess there. It was a lot of fun. Bird flew high and fast but if you get drawn for the first hunt you generally have sucess. The trick is getting in on the first hunt. I also did not have too much trouble with non safe hunters. I am also intrested iin finding places to shoot. Maybe closer to the day we could set up something here that says please come shoot for free or I have a pay hunt you can join. Can you Mods help out on that??