West Point Smoke Pole Hunt

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Anyone going to West Point WMA Primative Weapons Hunt? Will be my first hunt of the year I guess. Maybe the skeeters will be gone by then. :)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man, I am gittin excited about Muzzleloadin at West Point. Maybe it will cool off by Friday. Look out you ole mangy Does, here I come. :D

syates32

I will be there with my 2 cousins, cant wait we are taking down the motorhome for the weekend, leaving tonight hope the rain holds off and maybe it will cool off.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Supposed to be dry but warm. I probably won't get to go until Friday afternoon. My Dad is having fluid drained from around his heart friday morning. Supposed to be a minor proceedure but I will be there for him anyway. Going to Hunt Corps Land around West Point Lake Thursday with the ole Smokepole.

Jay Hughes

Any Luck?

I didn't get much action and from the sound of it, there was a lot that got the same as me. Nothing! Well, I seen one big mature doe Friday morning at 11:30 and two more that evening just before dark. Passed on all the deer. I was using a bow and all were in range but I was hoping for a buck.

Anyways, I didn't see anything Sat. morning and didn't hunt the evening. Did you hear of any nice bucks being taken or not?

Well, it was fun anyways. Just being in the woods and watching the beautiful sunrise on West Point!!!

Thanks,

Jay

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Not much action for me. I saw only a Fox Squirrel. But I had a hard time keeping my coughing under control. This cold came at a bad time.

syates32

I hunted all day Friday and Saturday and did not see the 1st deer whats up with that. I have always seen a tremendous amount of deer at West Point and killed a nice 8 point 2 years ago. My 2 cousins went, one seen 2 does Friday morning and the other didnt see a deer either. We went to check station Saturday afternoon and 2 does had been killed and one nice 10 point with 17.5" spread. Only 3 deer all weekend with over a hundred hunters signed in something is not right there. We did see good sign in remote areas but not as widespread as usual. I was hunting 2 of the only pawings we found and a nice rub line in the swamp area.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
That's a nice WMA. Ronnie Beard takes good care of that place. I love the new check station! No BOOM!! while checking in deer like at the old one at the firing range!

T