On the subject of rangefinders

HORTON

Since there is much talk about range finders, just wondering how many people actually use them and what brand they would recommend?

I've never used one in the stand, but then again I've never hunted "big" fields or "big" food plots. Rerally never had the need for one.

Am I missing out on another good tool for the fanny pack?

I have one that I use on the golf course, but it is way too big for in the stand. It is also not very accurate from 40 yds. in.

Horton

Jasper

I have a Bushnell that is accurate out to 400 yards. I never go bowhunting without it. It's an awesome tool, especially when you're hunting out of a climber in a new tree. No need to step off yardages and smell up the area. I've actually ranged to a feeding deer a time or two before the shot.

Randy

I also use a bushnell scout and will not go to the woods without it. I think you will find that bow hunters use them more than gun hunters as range is more important there.

Steady73

I have a Nikon 600 and really like it, as the others have stated, I use it mainly during bow season.

Big M

I bought the Lcica 1200 last year,they have great optics,real clear,but a little pricey.Swarovski has the new laser Guide 8x30 range finder. I order them back in Jan. 05 they are still on back order,when they come I might sale the Lcicas ;)