RV - A/C Problems

Jeffriesw

Has anyone ever had any problems with there RV A/C unit?
In the past During the day it seemed to run fine, I set the thermostat where I want it and it comes on and off when needed.

But I noticed several trips back that At Night when I turn the thermostat down below 74 or 75 it starts cycling on and off, Not the whole unit though, the fan is still running but it sounds like the compressor is cycling on and off about every 3 to 5 seconds. It will continue to do this until I get up and adjust the thermostat to a higher setting. It never did this before this past year (RV is 4 years old). I looked up inside and did not see any eveidence of freezing over, Allthough this was looking from inside and not getting up on top and taking the cover off.
Possibly low on freon?:huh:

And this past weekend it was doing the same thing as stated above and also it started popping the 20 amp breaker in the panel several times, I felt the breaker and it was not hot to the touch, But being cautious I just left it off for the rest of the weekend and opened the windows.
:huh:

I called and have an appointment to have it looked at next week, I was just curious to see if anyone else out there has had similar problems and what could I expect.
:huh:

Thanks, Bill J.

Jeffriesw

Took it in to Camping World this past weekend. It seems the way they are set is the forced air(cold) is right next to the return air duct. Up inside of the cavity there was a poor job of sealing the 2 apart done when it was manufactured.:banginghe
The cold air was going back up into the return side and causing the cold air sensor & coil to freeze up, causing the cold air sensor to tell the compressor to cycle way to much, which in turn could have caused the circuit breaker to keep popping.:huh:
They had to take it apart and reseal everything with new insulation and foil tape. It seemed to run fine for about 2 hours at the repair shop after that.:bounce:

I will test it out when we go camping in several weeks.:cool:

georgia357

Thanks for the update. I'll know what to look out for in the future.

pop pop jones

Your unit was 4 years old but it was still sort of a factory defect. Were you charged for the work?