Newbie needs crossbow advice :)

Dixie Dawg

Good morning! Someone told me about this board a while back and I'm glad I found it, because they had also recommended a good beginner's crossbow but I can't remember what it was!! :banginghe

I'm looking for a decent but not too expensive crossbow that would be good for beginners, and also able to be used by a thirteen-year old. Basically just something to get our feet wet and practice shooting at a plastic bulls-eye before we go for the furry ones :) I'm really looking for something that my daughter can use too but that would also be powerful enough to make a kill when she's ready.

Any suggestions welcome!! :)
Thanks!
Kerri :flag:

Arrow Flinger

Welcome to the fire! I am not a crossbow expert but I am sure that Huntintom, Leo or TOW will be on shortly with some advice.

Todd E

DD,

If you are looking for a crossbow that is inexpensive, will kill a deer, and the kids can use...........

I recommend the Barnett RC-160 Complete Package for $199.99. A friend bought one just to try out crossbow hunting and has killed countless does with it. He has the recurve limb model. They shoot around 260 fps. The one in Cabelas shows compound limbs. Sporstman's Guide also carries this package. That's my suggestion. There are those who don't like this namebrand, but we all like different things. I bought a Barnett Revolution and have been nothing but satisified. Can consistantly bust the eye at sixty yards.