Classic cars

UGA hunter

Anyone got any classic cars- project or restored, muscle cars, trucks, etc? I hope to get a fastback Mustang, Camaro SS, Chevelle SS, GTO, or something of the sort to rebuild in the near future. Let's see some pics and hear some specs of yall's cars/trucks!

Meriwether Mike

I have a 1971 442 W30. It is triple black with gold stripes. It is 1 of 920 built in 1971. This car was built in Lansing, MI and sold at Ed Volyes Oldsmobile in Decatur, GA. It has the following factory installed options:
1-Factory balanced and blueprinted 455 CID engine
2-Special 278 degree camshaft (Air car)
3-Factory aluminum intake
4-Y/Z exhaust manifolds
5-Fiberglass Outside Air Induction hood with hood locks
6-Special G code heads, 2.070" Int., 1.620"Exh.
7-OW code automatic trans with modified shift points
8-Hurst Dual Gate His & Her shifter
9-Aluminum rear axle carrier with 3.23 limited slip gear
10-Factory dual exhaust with trumpet tips
11-Strato Bucket seats with center console
12-Rear defogger
13-Power brakes
14-F41 442 suspension package with extra frame bracing
15-Front disc brakes
16-Tinted windows
17-Vinyl Top
18-Sport Mirror Package
19-Power steering
20-SS-I mag wheel option
21-Factory tach
22-Heavy duty engine cooling
She is called "Wild Child."

Attachments

• W30 pic for Woodys.JPG
    W30 pic for Woodys.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 566

Duramax

I am willing to sell my 1986 chevy c-10 truck. It is 2-wheel drive. Straight body. PM for other details. It is in very good shape.

UGA hunter

Great looking car! I'm not looking to buy one right now. I'm getting hitched in a week so I can't afford (time or money) to build me a car but I will as soon as I get the chance! Keep coming with the pics and specs!

FESTUSHAGGIN

if yer gettin hitched in a week better forget about that idea for a while. you aint gettin no resto project for a while. unless you got unlimited supply of cash and the most understanding wife in the world. congratulations though marriage does have its good points. :whip:

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
1961 Chev Impala Bubble top

Grandpas old ride I just need money to start restoring it.

Meriwether Mike

What size engine does that Impala have? I know that the 348 was a popular engine in 1961. I have owned four Impalas through the years and have always had good luck with them.

Branchminnow

It has the 283 with the old power glide transmission.

Meriwether Mike

Sounds like it will be nice when you get finished.

dbodkin

Two of my projects....

Attachments

• 70_Charger.jpg
    70_Charger.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 70_Cuda.JPG
    70_Cuda.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 251

leadoff

GONetwork Member
dbodkin

Man, those Mopars look good!!! :clap:

I had a '66 Charger a few years back. I hate I sold that car.......she was definitely a head turner!!! :)

Branchminnow

Southern Steel said:
Sounds like it will be nice when you get finished.
Well Im planning on painting it pale Yellow with Corvette rallys on it and I already have an engine to put in it I just havent seen a car yet that I liked the interior of that I want I dont even know the color yet but thats thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$from now.

dbodkin

The 70 Charger is a fun "Sunday Driver" 440 / 4 barell automatic with A/C. The CUDA is a screamer. It will blow that Charger in the weeds. Last time through the 1/4 mile traps I ran a 13.292

short stop

sweet lookin cuda ------I got handed a bit of humble pie when I was around 20 by one of those fish ---Smoked my 68 camero w stroker motor and 4 speed ---ahhh the good ol days . I sure miss my car ::ke:

coastga

What do you have in the CUDA? That is extremely fast for a CUDA. a 70 HEMI CUDA would only turn low 13's.

firebiker

I've got a 86 Monte carlo SS w/T-Tops all original in great mechanical shape, Just had it repainted 3 weeks ago (Black w/ clear coat) going back with the SS emblems in Orange, no fender stripes though :cheers: . I have owned before 68 442, 69 Chevelle SS and two Z28 camaros ( 79 & 86) but my favorite all time and most wanted vehicle is a "70 442 W-30 with a 455, 4-speed & a W-25 rear end :cool:

My daddy's truck!

He has had this for a while and recently restored it again!

This will be Cody's one day!

It's a 1968 Chevy stepside 4x4

I have more picture's, I just haven't scanned them onto the computer!

Attachments

• CODY JUNE 2005 005.jpg
    CODY JUNE 2005 005.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 225
  • CODY JUNE 2005 006.jpg
    CODY JUNE 2005 006.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 210

Branchminnow

HuntinGal308 said:
He has had this for a while and recently restored it again!

This will be Cody's one day!

It's a 1968 Chevy stepside 4x4

I have more picture's, I just haven't scanned them onto the computer!
That is a good looking truck I like it! :clap:

rayjay

coastga said:
What do you have in the CUDA? That is extremely fast for a CUDA. a 70 HEMI CUDA would only turn low 13's.

Tires have come a long way. In 1970 that Hemi Cuda was probably spinning the tires most of the way down the track. One of my customers had a Cuda { tag FastFish } with a 396 CI bored and stroked 340. VERY fast.