Let the Muzzy Eat this Morning!

DaddyPaul

I was sitting in a little hide I built on the ground alongside one of my food plots down here in Florida this morning thinking that not much was gonna happen. I ran some deer off going in (I was a little late) and wondered if that would be all the movement for the morning. About 7:45 I had a big doe come in and worked right down the side of the plot I was on. When she got to about 12 yards I drew my bow kinda down towards the ground to stay behind the blind and suprisingly got it back undetected! I got anchored and started to put the pin on her and she took two quick steps and was now standing with her butt to me. It seemed like I held at full draw for 10 minutes but it was probably more like 1 or 1.5. She finally quartered just a fuzz leaving me a very tight quartering away angle. It was time to let down or make the shot. I drew a line from the off leg to her back end and tried to settle the pin. I was shaking pretty bad by now because she was so close and I was on the ground. I finally got it on her, right in front of the near side ham and released. It looked good and she ran off crashing through the brush. I found my arrow which was covered in stomach contents and felt bad about the shot. I saw her run off and looked with no luck. I called a buddy and got a dog and we went back. The dog was working in the wrong direction and I told Travis so. No sooner had I gotten the words out of my mouth when Travis said, "He may be wrong but I am looking at a dead deer right here!" There must have been another deer on the other side of the plot that I watched run off in the fog? Needless to say I was tickled to get her. The Muzzy worked the whole way through her from one end to the other exiting right behing the off shoulder, she didn't go 50 yards. 2.5 year old kinda poor looking doe. I can tell you they look real big at 12 yards on the ground. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share it with y'all.

Meriwether Mike

Nice job on the doe and from the ground as well. Congrats to you.

Duramax

congrats to you!!!!

DaddyPaul

Oh yeah, this was my FIRST deer with a bow from the ground. I have this spot and it is covered up with deer but is not huntable by tree stands (small pines). I have been close several times but could never put it all together................til now. Pretty cool being that close and on their level.

Duff

Took my first two deer with a bow from the ground. That adds to the excitment.

Good job DP :clap:

cowboyron

You just a KILL'UN MACHINE DP. Congrats on the kill. One of these days I might get out there and kill me one.

mpowell

gotta love the muzzys! i know i do. i'm never switching unless i loose confidence in them--which i don't see happening. if it ain't broke . . .