Climbers

You boy's that have hunted up north know there are not many soft barked trees up there. The tree's in the best spots are usually a hard barked tree. I don't feel like my "Ol Man bites good enough into these trees and really is uncomfortable feeling 20 ft up a tree. What climbers in yall's opinion really bite into those type trees in your experience.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Summit....done slip or come off the trees, whether it be a GA pine or an old Red Oak.

Jim

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
stringpuller said:
Summit you recommend, I'm gonna buy a new climber before my trip to Illinois this year.
Are you sure the area you are going to will accomodate climbers?

Only reaso I ask is that when I went there were no good trees there except for loc ons.

ramblinrack

you might want to check out an api as well...they will grip a hardwood purdy good too.

Arrow Flinger

I love my API's but Summit is the master of hold. Sometimes it is even hard to get them to turn loose when they are really locked in. With that being said, I have never had my API not hold.

It will accomodate

Branchminnow said:
Are you sure the area you are going to will accomodate climbers?

Only reaso I ask is that when I went there were no good trees there except for loc ons.

This will be our third year on this farm. The Area I hunted last year had one mid sized white oak that i sat in for 3 day's. No problems with the white oak . Another spot that I tried to hunt I could not find any white oaks that were in a good set-up. The only trees were red-oak and ash trees (I guess). Any way when I hung on them the ol'man did not feel as if it was biting into the bark. When it did bite it sounded like someone shooting a .22 rifle with all the popping.

Last edited:

reylamb

I own 6 Summits in various makes and models..........I think I would also recommend any summit stand......

HORTON

Summit

You see a pattern developing here.

I've had 4 - 5 different models over the past 15 years. Will stick with Summit until they quit making them. Never been afraid to hang in any tree, smooth bark or not.

I have an open rail for Bowhunting and a closed rail for gun season.

Horton

Just 1 More

I have API, Warren Sweats, and Summits.. My Summit Bullet Backpacker saw almost exclusive service last year.. Never even put the API or WS on a tree.. Did use my API lock on a couple times but i'm getting a Summit Copperhead to replace it with.

duckbill

Just 1 More said:
I have API, Warren Sweats, and Summits.. My Summit Bullet Backpacker saw almost exclusive service last year.. Never even put the API or WS on a tree.. Did use my API lock on a couple times but i'm getting a Summit Copperhead to replace it with.

You just need to give me that API. It's junk anyhow ::ke: :D

Glenn

A vote for Summit here to :flag:

Light, Easy to use, stable and does not move once it is in place.

I have a Bushmaster, and a Viper.

Latest posts