Update on ROMEO: the 3-legged wonder dog!!!

Dirt-Broke

Hello, board! Many of you have read Romeo's story on here. Many of you offered kind thoughts and stories of your own. I told you we would keep you posted and we are!

Romey is simply amazing! Though we knew that a long time ago! He is continuing in his training. He exercises daily, working a wing, retrieving, and loves playing with our pointer pups. You should see him chasing our Pointers when they are excercised every day! He runs with them and you know what? The little fella is pretty darn fast! He does have a little problem applying the brakes and sometimes he takes a nose dive (as the picture shows!) but he gets up and gets right back after it! When he tires, he rests but not for long...he has a lot of puppy work to do!

I have discovered something comforting in Romeo. He is soooo personable and kind I am looking into making him a therapy dog!! He really has an extraordinary story to tell and one that many people will appreciate when they see him and look into his deeply touching eyes. He will be 5 months old at the end of the month...and his adventures have just begun.

Enjoy the pictures of Romeo: Super GSP!

Attachments

• MeoGON.jpg
    MeoGON.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 267
  • MeoGON2.jpg
    MeoGON2.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 227
  • MeoGON3.jpg
    MeoGON3.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 224

Arrow3

Looks like a happy dog!!

Hunter Haven

That is wonderful!!!

I'm happy for him...

Lane Morrell

Great and touching story. When I was a kid, my sister brought a lab mix home with 3 legs. That was one of the best dogs we ever had. I hope he turns out to be the best hunting dog ever for you!

Dirt-Broke

Thank you all! He is something else for sure! You ever seen a dog with one front leg dig a hole???? Well, Romey can and though it takes him a bit longer...when he sets his mind to it- he gets it done! It's incredible that he has adapted so well.