sighting in my omega

Jim McRae

I'm shooting Hornady .50 cal sabot/ 45 300 grain sst-ml w/ 2 50 grain pyrodex pellets. Should I be 3 inches high @ 50 yards w/ iron sights? Will that put me in the kill zone up too and at 120 yards? Thanks for any advice.

Jim M.

Buzz

I'll give you an answer that you are not going to like to hear. You are not going to know until you actually get to the range and try it at the range you are suspecting. ML vary widely in velocity with one load to the next so I couldn't even venture a guess.

DaddyPaul

Jim, like GT said actual shooting will tell the tale but here are some SWAG's as to what you might be shooting like.

These #'s are for a 300 grain bullet with 100 grains of powder out of a 28" barrel (the Omega has a 28" barrel, right?).

3.06 @ 50
3.83 @ 100
0.00 @ 150
-9.57 @ 200
-25.7 @ 250

I don't know if this will help or not. If you have a chrono this is for 1670fps.

Jim McRae

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Paul.

GT, thank you also, I was expecting that to be the case.

Jim M.

DaddyPaul

I would say right in the buck's chest! Serously, I can only venture a guess. I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.75-2.25"s, but that is a guess at best. The chart doesn't have 25 yards on it. Put it on his chest and let her eat, you ain't gonna have no problem that close.