Good news for us "offroaders" - New park coming soon

LAKOTA

Highland Park Resort
Coming soon to the Polk Co./Cedartown area.

We rode down today to take a look and talked to the owners. If everything goes as planned, this park will be awesome. 1,000 acres of land including + - 100 miles of 1-way trails, 3 Motocross/Supercross tracks, shop, camping and more. They're gonna need a few helping hands if anyone's interested in getting some free ride time there. Plans are to have some trails open for riding by early August. This project is going to take some time to complete, but will be comparable (hopefully even better) to DP in South GA.

For more info visit the website and this link as well .. http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13001

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
I heard about them awhile back on another site. Sounds like it'll be a good place to ride. I hope the owners there are like the ones at Broad River ATV. From what I've seen at BR ATV they should soon be the best place in GA to ride a quad. Do you know how Highland Park feels about quads?

LAKOTA

They plan to allow ATV's, but I'm sure you'll have to ride "right" and stick to the rules like all other places we ride.

Don't get me wrong, I have an ATV that I ride some too. BUT, ATV's with those big-foot kits, and huge tractor type tires cause much more damage to trails/land then bikes. Especially when people ride with no respect for the land, the owner or the rules. It happens every time a trail is opened. Folks start making new trials (a big no-no) instead of following the marked trails, wallowing out low, wet places and making mud bogs of which someone utimately will have to repair to deter erosion (then the EPD chews the owners rump and becomes a threat of closing down the place), etc, etc.

Ride safely, follow rules - all of them, have respect for the owner and the land, and everyone ends up happy.

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
They were shut down the other day for legal issues with the neighbors. I'm sure they'll get it open again real soon if they haven't already.