What treestand for bowhunting?

Wetzel

I have a couple of Summit stands I use during gun season, but with the bar going all the way around, I don't know how well they would work for bowhunting. What stands would you recommend to use while bowhunting?

Arrow3

I just use the same stands I use to gun hunt out of....I hunt out of API's though.... :cheers:

reylamb

I own a bunch of Summit stands and I bowhunt out of all of them. Keep the bar around the level of your knees when you stand up and it will not get in the way. I always stand to shoot. I usually try to stand as soon as I see deer in the area.

Jody Hawk

reylamb said:
I always stand to shoot.

I try to but not always. I got both of my bowkills last year while sitting. The first one I would have never gotten stood up on. She had me pinned down but as she turned to leave I got drawn on her.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
same here as the otehrs, keep your Summit and enjoy the bow hunting from it.

Jim

Lostoutlaw

Summit

Same as the rest just be sure to have your saftyu vest on be safe at all times

Arrow Flinger

Take a look at the API Shooting Star or Grand Slam star as they are called now. Just pull one pin and the front bar drops can down and out of the way once you are set up. I love mine. Having a bad back, I have to keep my seat section higher to stay comfortable plus I like having only a short distance to stand up with a higher seat section.

http://www.apioutdoors.com/54490.html?cmid=api_treestand2_2

flat foot

I use a summit without the bar in front just one more thing out of the way. have not found anything better.

kcausey

Banned
Summit...

I have had Summit, API, Cougar Claw, Tomcats, and hunted from an Ole' Man.........Summit has them all beat by a long shot in Safety, Easy use, Comfort, and Stability. I still hunt from my API Shootin' Star, but it doesn't compare with my Viper X4 or my Bullet Backpacker AKA Sapelo Special. Never tried a Tree Lounge, always seemed ver impractical for bowhunting to me.

short stop

Ol Man -- Flips Over For A Foot Rest /gun Rest Nice Bow Hunting Stand ---summits Are Just Too Bulky For Me I Have A Nice Summit But Prefer The Ol Man ------ss

Mac

ol man for me, but never tried the summit backpacker.
I agree with shortstop on summits being too bulky

BowArrow

I bowhunt all season and use an Summit with the rail. I sit down and lay my bow across the rail. I can also take a nap if necessary and feel safe. I also feel a little safer with the rail in front of me while shooting as I can lean on the rail with my leg.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
I bow and gun hunt in my Summit Viper. I love it, I try to stand up a lot bow hunting. Stand is stable and safe, but wearing a harness is a good idea for any of them. They have some good harness safety belts at the Buckarama. :flag: