Differences in TC firearms?

diamondback

I been looking at some of the TC pistols.What are the differences and pros and cons of the contender,g2 contender,encore,and pro hunters?They all look the same to me and I guess they are all single actions so which is best and why?

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
I been looking at some of the TC pistols.What are the differences and pros and cons of the contender,g2 contender,encore,and pro hunters?They all look the same to me and I guess they are all single actions so which is best and why?

The contender and G2 are smaller and meant for use with lower pressure cartridges such as the 7mm Waters, 30-30,44 Mag etc..... Barrels meant for the Contender and G@ will not fit the Encore and vice versa.

The Encore and Encore Pro Hunter are basically the same. They are designed for use with high pressure centerfire cartridges such as the 7RM, 300WM,30/06 etc....... The ProHunter version is simply the Encore with bells and whistles......28" Fluted Barrels, Recoil absorbing stock set etc......

Either can be set up as a pistol or a rifle depending on barrel length.

Good Luck,

Robert

contender*

They are all single shot rifles/pistols. The main diff between the Contender and the G2 is that on the Contender you can adjust the trigger easily yourself but you can't on the G2. On the G2 you can pull the hammer back and let it down on the loaded chamber and then right away pull the hammer back again, The Contender you have to break the action back open and then close it to be able to recock the hammer. Both the Contender and the G2 can be switched from rimfire to centerfire with just a flick of the lever on top of the hammer.
The difference in the Encores and the prohunter as far as I can tell (I've had both) is the purdy little prohunter engraving on the frame. The prohunter does have a hammer that "swivels" right or left to make it easy to get your thumb on it but you can do the same thing with a hammer extender. So I would have to say the differences in the Encore and the Prohunter are cosmetic at best.