Reverse snob

redlevel

That's what I am about my pickup. I read the posts and look at the pictures about the pristine new, and well maintained older trucks, and laugh. I am just the opposite. I want the rattiest truck in the neighborhood. My 02 Chevy 2500 HD (cloth seats, plain white paint, rubber floor mats, etc) has never been washed. It has 46K miles and has had the oil changed 3 times. (My last truck had 107K miles and had the oil changed a total of 3 times. I just added a little every 10K or so. I'm really trying to do better in that regard.) The plastic piece under the front bumper is almost dragging the ground. It nearly drives my brother crazy. Only one person can get in the truck. I don't throw litter on the highway, so the right seat and floorboard are covered with hamburger wrappers, empty snuff cans, full spit cans (I try to keep them in the floor, not on the seat. I do throw them out when they get to stinking too bad), and various other trash. I find something really gross over there every now and then.

You know what? I am just as proud of it as all those folks who invest countless hours and lots of money and hard work keeping their trucks spotless. It takes a lot of effort to keep such a nasty truck. I think it says something about the owner.

Trizey

I always wondered what compels a fella to do his truck like that ::ke:

GeauxLSU

redlevel said:
It takes a lot of effort to keep such a nasty truck. I think it says something about the owner.
You said it, not me... :bounce:
Had a friend who kept his firebird like that in high school. Your feet could not find the floorboards if you tried. NASTY! :eek: Took me about ONE trip in that rolling dump to realize I'd drive from then on out. He never seemed to have any girlfriends. Hmmmm...... :love:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

CAL

. It takes a lot of effort to keep such a nasty truck. I think it says something about the owner.[/QUOTE]

I have a friend that is the same way.The passenger side has everything from chicken bones on down.Can't hardly get in his truck.I don't know about you but my friend is just plain "lazy". ::ke:

redlevel

CAL said:
. I don't know about you but my friend is just plain "lazy". ::ke:

I resemble that remark! :bounce:

I ain't lazy. I just have my priorities in order.
I got the truck stuck in the mud lateTuesday. Couldn't drive it out, and didn't have a tractor on hand big enough to pull it out. We left early Wed. on a short business/vacation trip to Savannah, and I just had to leave the truck in the mud. Got it pulled out this afternoon, after about 2 more inches of rain while I was gone. My neighbor brought his old Ramcharger and a snatchum strap and we pulled it right out. We did finish tearing that plastic hunk out from under the front bumper. I don't know why they even put it there. I think it looks better without it. Sort of reminds me of the look of the old P-40 airplanes from WWII. I think I'll leave it that way. I've got to get some of that dried mud off the wheels, though. It messes up the balance.

Goat

GONetwork Member and TU member!
i see a lot of people getting 3/4 ton and up trucks now cuz they are keeping up with the jones family and its 'cool' to have the bigger trucks. 4x4s that have never seen dirt and desiels that have never had a load. but they look pretty. i mostly see this in the newnan and peachtree city area but i am sure its all over atlanta. i am not a hater, i just think its funny.

i love my f-250 every time i hook up to hay, horses or have to sleep in the back seat. i use my truck for work so it stays dirty and the inside looks like the outside muddy and horse poop everywhere, with a little grizzly wintergreen here and there.

i do clean it once a month and thats a 1/2 a day deal but its worth it cuz i always find something i have been lookin for.

sparky

redlevel

red,you would fit right in down in Red Level Al,I'll keep mine semi-clean, but I'm not spending hours keeping it spotless,I'd rather be fishing :cool:

Butterfly

truck

I keep my old 90 model F250 cleaned out,oil changed.
No need for trash all in it.

Vehicles cost too much to let maintenance go of any kind!

CAL

evie said:
Vehicles cost too much to let maintenance go of any kind!

You got that right!I once turned down 200 acres of land for the now price of a nice truck.Something ain't right,not any more land and trucks being made every day!!!

Latest posts