A recomendation?

anglerEd

I want to plan a short trip up to North GA, and I need a recomendation. Where can I wet a line in catch and release only water. Other than Dukes Creek and public of course. If not catch and release, just someplace with a shot at some gooduns.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
There is pay per trip access on the Tickanetely and the Noontootla around the Ellijay area. Both have trophy fish. Also there are some guided trips out of Helen through Unicoi Outdoors. You probably don't want a guide, but they may know some good fishing water as well that will suit your needs. Just a little farther north of Chatsworth is the Hiawassee River in Reliance,Tennessee. Fishing similar to the western waters. I you want, you are welcome to fish with me up there anytime. Camping access is pretty good and I often head up there for a quick weekend trip. I don't know your schedule, but drop me a PM and we'll kick it around. Also, floatable water below the Blueridge Dam produces some very good browns and rainbows. I don't have a drifter to fish it, but man I wish I did. That very well may be my next expence on myself!............................. one day!:cool:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
The DH at Smith Creek below Unicoi SP lake dam starts Nov. 1st. One of my favorites.Check in is at the lodge.

allenww

DH is 11/1 - I would float the Toccoa below the dam the next week. Also, the Toccoa DH water is about 7 miles east of Blue Ridge. Both will get pressure the first few weeks, but the DNR guys
want you to be happy and usually put in lots of fish.

You may wish to check with the Hatchery guys at Rock Creek - the creek above and below the hatchery is usually well stocked for the opening, as well as Rock Creek Lake.

We have all been awaiting opening. Expect N. Ga. to drop a foot or two under the collective weight of hopeful anglers..

wa

anglerEd

Hey thanks fellas, I am itching to dust off my waiders. Bitteroot, I would like to take you up on it before too long. I have tourneys the next two weeks, but I will get up there before too long. Ill be in touch.

Huntinfool

Duke's Creek is the best place to land a large size fish in public water.

Waters creek (Requires an additional WMA stamp $32.00)

If you don't mind paying a little coin there are several nice places on the Soque

Unicoi - Nontoola Farms (Fly Fishing Masters finals), Frog Hollow, Nacoochee Bend - all really big trout
www.unicoioutfitters.com

Clarksville on the Soque
BlackHawk - www.blackhawkflyfishing.com
Brigadoon - This one is 5star www.brigadoonlodge.com

I've fished everything he's listed here and he's absolutely right on all counts. That's some great public water and Unicoi, Blackhawk and Brigadoon are all awesome (though, if you're gonna go Soque, I'd go Blackhawk over Brig all day).