Smoked a Powerstroke Today

Duramax

I raced a guy today who had a powerstroke. His mods are upgraded turbo, 5in exhaust, diablo sport tuner/chip, and an air intake system. Well, he got embarassed. We turned onto a straight away from a stop sign. He nailed it billowing out black smoke from the tail pipe. A good truck and a half ahead of me. So I nailed mine and caught him and steadily pulled away from him. We pulled up to the next stop and he was shocked I out ran him. He asked me my mods and all I have done to my DURAMAX is air intake and a tuner. The DURAMAX made me proud today.

Sorry guys, had to brag a little.

Duramax

UGA hunter

Hook em up! Bowties are for little boys! ::ke: :D

bradpatt03

yea diablo chips can't go on powerstrokes either....they are only for chevy's and gmc's so he must be a little :crazy:

the HEED!

Banned
That isnt hard to do.....

when he's pulling a Bobcat and youre not... I can set you up a race with a Stroke, his jerks the front left tire off the ground since you think that Duramax is such a beast..... :D

H

HT2

Dura.......

That's good.........

Just stay clear of them Cummin's..........

They might make you feel a little bad............. :D :D :D :D

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
If ya'll want to race get a car. :crazy: If you want to see whose truck is better hook them together and see which one pulls the other one. Or better yet check back at 200,000 miles and see which one is still running or has had less problems.

Heathen

Some folks just can't handle the truth. :bounce:

Heathen

PSE TRITON said:
when he's pulling a Bobcat and youre not... I can set you up a race with a Stroke, his jerks the front left tire off the ground since you think that Duramax is such a beast..... :D
Well I'm sure anyone can find another vehicle that will out run another at any point in time, thats not what he said to find him one to race he was just wanting to brag alittle. Some folks take things way to personal on here. Yeah I'm sure I could find something that would outrun the Powerstroke your talking about, but so what.

Buzz

Just out of curiosity, just how fast IS a modified Powerstroke or Duramax? This thread just got me remembering an incident a few years ago when I was working in Augusta. Some kids in a Powerstroke F250 that was decked out (who knows about the modifications) kept trying to get me to race them at a red lights. I had a 2000 Nissan Maxima rental car, which is just a normal sporty family sedan. Even with them getting a head start, I absolutely left them in the dust.

GeauxLSU

7x57 said:
I had a 2000 Nissan Maxima rental car, which is just a normal sporty family sedan. Even with them getting a head start, I absolutely left them in the dust.
Even back then they had a 222 hp engine with a curb weight of 1451#s. That's one horse per 6.54#. With all models of F250s of that year having a curb weight of over 5,000 #s and the three stock engines delivering only 235 to 310 hp, it never had a chance (nor would most any truck against that car).
Rule of thumb, if you're in a truck, don't race most cars. If your in a car, don't race most motorcycles.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Duramax

I knew this post we get you ford boys fired up. I am sure there are some fords out there that will beat me. Mine is not a race truck by far. But, note he had way more mods than I have and he still got beat. I will put mine up against any with the same mods. We all know more mods means more power. It just shows all you ford guys always try to make excuses. Us GM guys just show you how its done no excuses.

Duramax

UGA hunter

UGA hunter said:
Hook em up! Bowties are for little boys! ::ke: :D

:bounce: A Chevy will run. I'll give 'em that. And they ride great. But those two characteristics sound like a car to me. We know who'll haul the load and last for ages! If you want to talk trucks, talk Ford!

Heathen

UGA hunter said:
:bounce: A Chevy will run. I'll give 'em that. And they ride great. But those two characteristics sound like a car to me. We know who'll haul the load and last for ages! If you want to talk trucks, talk Ford!
I guess thats why Ford runs the commercial stating that they are the most dependable & longlasting trucks on the road..................Oh I'm sorry that's a Chevy commercial. :bounce:

H

HT2

All of ya'll as just avoiding the "BIG DOG"!!!!!!!

Go get ya'llself up against a Cummins come back to me and tell me what ya'll did against them........

Then tell me how bad you got beat............ :p :p :p :p

H

HT2

Trizey.........

I ain't got a Cummins..........

Wish I did though.........

But I can tell you this..........I can go get a Cummins right now, and I'll put it up against "ANY" Dura-Slack or Power Joke there is!!!!!!!!

You wanna play a little game of "PINKS"???????

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Heathen

HT2 said:
I ain't got a Cummins..........

Wish I did though.........

But I can tell you this..........I can go get a Cummins right now, and I'll put it up against "ANY" Dura-Slack or Power Joke there is!!!!!!!!

You wanna play a little game of "PINKS"???????

:huh: :huh: :huh:
Well go get it, lets see