Alligator hunting: Bang Stick

fredw

Retired Moderator
This photo shows the business end of a bang stick. The photo shows a 357 Magnum Federal Hydra-Stock round lying by the chamber of the bang stick. As you can tell from the photo, the barrel isn't but a fraction of an inch longer than the ammo. The cotter key is the only safety.

Attachments

• Bang stick.jpg
    Bang stick.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5,066

markland

Some of the guys with us a couple of years ago had a bangstick and dang thing would not go off, it was indenting the primers, but never discharged and they tried several diffierent rounds, we just ended up gaffing them under the jaw and taping and severing the spinal cord, it worked very well. Just be careful, but with a noose, you should be able to get him in and finish them off. I have finished them with a Muzzy broadhead and it works very well, especially to the base of the skull. Mark

sr.corndog

Bang stick

Fredw who made your bang stick I was interested in purchasing one. Unless you want to sell yours?
Send me a PM if you want to sell.
Thanks

fredw

Retired Moderator
sr. corndog, I don't remember who made it. I think I may still have the papers and, if so, will get you a name.

Hopefully my son will get drawn this year (with two rejects) and we'll get to use it again.

rip18

Here is a link to a page on the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission's site that has links to several suppliers of alligator hunting needs:

http://myfwc.com/gators/other_crocs.htm

The list is near the bottom of the page.