Horseback Riders

Smokey

We need to get a list going of great places to trail tide. Anybody got some suggestions?

Mcintosh Reserve is a good place.

Boundary Waters Recreational Complex just opened in Douglas County.

wilson37

Hard labor creek state park lets you ride horses through some trails
but that might not be close by to you.

MossyOak

Trail Ride

Hey Smokey,
Surely you've heard of the McCray ride havent you?
In Cedartown going over Treat Mtn, you know they have a 32 mile ride twice a year, last one for this year was 2 weeks ago. Next one will be mar/april sometime..
Its 99% dirt roads and some trails..
I know on the planned events you get about 150-200 riders plus wagons, this past one generated 300 riders.

Me and my wife go ride it thru out the year, its just fun to go on such a scheduled ride with so many riders, on the event ride afterward on the saturday you get a free dinner.

If anyone is interested we could have our own ride on it..
Get abunch to ride on it.

Garrett

Smokey

Hard labor creek state park lets you ride horses through some trails
but that might not be close by to you.

I have ridden there several times. It is very nice.

talladega national forest is awsome well woth the trip. you can ride for days.

Yep, been there done that. Lots and lots of riding to be done there for sure.

Hey Smokey,
Surely you've heard of the McCray ride havent you?
In Cedartown going over Treat Mtn, you know they have a 32 mile ride twice a year, last one for this year was 2 weeks ago. Next one will be mar/april sometime..
Its 99% dirt roads and some trails..
I know on the planned events you get about 150-200 riders plus wagons, this past one generated 300 riders.

Me and my wife go ride it thru out the year, its just fun to go on such a scheduled ride with so many riders, on the event ride afterward on the saturday you get a free dinner.

If anyone is interested we could have our own ride on it..
Get abunch to ride on it.

Garrett

Sounds like a plan.

sharon

We're 40 miles north of Chatsworth, right off 411...we've got a beautiful national forest here (Cherokee Nat'l) and they've just finished a really nice horse park there...large camp spots, tie stalls, new toilets and riding that's along the Hiawassee, for miles and miles and miles! The campground (Gee Creek) also has hot showers. Have fun wherever you ride!

timetohunt

I have heard that Pine Mountian at FDR State Park has trails and in North Georgia there is Bull Mountian and Jake Mountian. Also there are trails up at Warwoman and you can even ford the Chatooga River.

Smokey

East Fork Stables in Jamestown, Tennessee is awesome.

Mel

I've only ridden at Kennesaw Mtn. :cry:

I stayed at this place a few weeks ago and they're starting a "saddle club" where they go on a ride once a month or so. www.seventyfourranch.com They're in Jasper.

irishleprechaun

pine log mountain at stamp creek. Also the cherokee saddle club is building a 13 mile riding trail on the green space on garland mountain trail. due to complete spring 09...