Interesting Point story

Mountain Hunter

I thought some of you might find this story interesting which is why I'm taking the time to share it for a friend. A man I have worked with for more the 20 years collects artifacts (from his private land I might add) found this point. First of all, he found the base of this point he guesses over 10 years ago and put it in a cigar box. Then very early this year while back in the same place he found the point end. Then just a few days ago while admiring the pieces in his cigar box he realized that he had two (2) pieces that looked very similiar. Much to his surprise, when he put these two pieces together there was not doubt in his mind that in a span of 10 years or so he had found both pieces of this point to make a perfect match as you can see in the photo of the pieces put together. Knowing this gentlemen as I do, there is no doubt in my mind that his story about his point is absolutely true. When he showed me the point today and told me the story, I suggested he go buy a lottery ticket because he was one lucky person. He said he already had and had better luck with artifacts!

Attachments

• hdw point (1) resized.JPG
    hdw point (1) resized.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 479
  • hdw point (2) resized.JPG
    hdw point (2) resized.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 484

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I keep my broken pieces and double check, but haven't gotten that lucky. Nice point too!

bam_bam

Well I'll be. Thats just plum cool right there

Redbow

Thats a great story, thanks for sharing it with us! I would say also that he was very lucky to find the other piece of that point, its a bummer that its broken, its beautiful !

Nugefan

that is one nice point .....

I have a spear point that I found both pieces but only a month or so apart .......

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Very nice. I bet it could tell storys!!