hash Browns

dixie

I'll post the org. recipe but one change I make at times, instead of chicken soup, I'll use mushroom soup.2 lbs of hash brown potatos, 1/2 cup chopped onions 1/2 cup melted mararine, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 8 oz sour cream 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, addtional 1/4 cup melted margarine, mix everything together except the extra 1/4 margarine, pour into a 9x13 pan and top with the extra margarine and I add a little more cheese to, bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

dixie

Taters

Milt, I had posted the hash browns a while back and had a couple of PM's asking me to repost it. Those should taste just about the same as the ones you get at the Cracker Barrel. that Boston Butt recipe I posted in the wrong thread is a GOOD one too { I posted it under rubs by mistake}, the key to it is letting the meat rest before you pull it. I'd hurt myself if I ever made it and the taters at the same time! :D

Last edited:

Jkidd

Dixie you cook any at camp??? If so I might take a deer memership lol.. Thanks for the receipes youve put up here recently Im gonna try this tater one cause taters are always GOOD...

Jason

dixie

Cook

thanks for the compliment J but heck, I've got 2-3 ole boys that I can't hold a candle to when it comes to cooking, LOL, heck now, we got a Cajun that KNOWS how cook, first thing Lee taught me about cajun cooking is the difference between spicy and just using hot stuff, I hurt myself when he cranks up the stove! It's hard to get him to cook BUT, when he does, WOW! :D

Minner

Thanks, Dixie, for posting this. I lost my recipe a good while back was getting some serious cravings for it.

You guys ought to try this stuff. Man, it is good! And every bit as good (if not better) than Cracker Barrel's Hash Brown Casserole.

dixie

Your more

than welcome minner, I'm glad to hear y'all enjoyed them. For a change, try them with the mushroom soup, that's good too.

Last edited: