Cobbs Legion

dixie

I got a report from a member Monday, I really have mixed feelings about. He saw three bucks, two of them were very large, so large he said, that thier racks looked too small for their bodies. I've saw 2-3 like that also, back before bow season opened, makes me wonder if the plots are working TOO well.

No Steve they are working just right. I hope you like the idea of the one individuals stand that I gave you. I think we can have an outstanding club this year. I do need to talk to you tomorrow if your out there I plan on being there around 12 or 1. I should have some sand bags for you as well. I will be back opening weekend of gun season and plan on spending some time out there. Did you ever contact the Tony guy that I told you about..... Hope to see you tomorrow.

dixie

Stands

That was a FINE idea about that stand Highc. I should be up there about the same time. I have some stuff I need to get done around my shack for this weekend. About the deer, I've always believed if we got the body weights up, the racks would be there also. I've seen some "average" bucks lately also. It's got me wondering why the bodies would be that large on some of them and not so, on others. I know we get some "cross-overs" wandering in. I start pouring the minerals to them in Feb and March, it just seems odd to see that much difference. A little background about the herd, back when I got the lease, the average weight was in the 70's, We've had the lease for eight years and you see whats there now.