Anybody remember the Outdoors in Georgia TV show.

weagle

The thread about outdoor TV shows got me to thinking about the old "Outdoors in Georgia" tv show that used to come on Georgia Public TV / GPTV. I was amazed that that liberal organization allowed such a great outdoors show to be produced. It featured real hunting episodes here in Georgia. They did some excellent , commercial free, shows about squirrel hunting with dogs, hog hunting on WMA's, deer hunting, rabbit hunting, Black powder hunting, bream fishing on rivers and a show where they were shooting pidgeons near some grain silos.

It was a much better show that the commercialized dribble they put on the outdoor channels these days.

Good shooting,
Weagle

Nitro

Banned
My good friend Jeff Free cohosted the show originally. I need to get in touch with him. He is a fine fella.

He and I duck hunted together in Arkansas many times and I miss seeing him.

Good times.

weagle

If he was the heavy set , younger guy, he was great. Do you know if that series is available on DVD or tape.

Weagle

raghorn

I remember one show in particular where they were using either a hawk or a falcon to squirrel hunt, it was pretty good.

Nugefan

raghorn said:
I remember one show in particular where they were using either a hawk or a falcon to squirrel hunt, it was pretty good.

I saw that one...

was a cool showing , those animals are really cool...

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
raghorn said:
I too remember that one as well.

specialk

agarr said:
My good friend Jeff Free cohosted the show originally. I need to get in touch with him. He is a fine fella.

He and I duck hunted together in Arkansas many times and I miss seeing him.

Good times.

i remember the show and your friend. he had an ad in gon years ago offering guide service to duck hunt in arkansas. they did a show one time on frog gigging

elvis*tcb

GONetwork Member
It still comes on Staurday afternoons around 3 or 4 Maybe? I saw one a few weeks ago where the host caught 7 species of bass in one day in Georgia.

Randy

I remember one where our very own JBowers was showing us how to shoot a bow!!!!

denny

It was a cool show, they had a fund raiser one nite, for a donation they gave out a Jack Partee print. It is signed by both host ,and Jack, and has the ga. outdoors logo on it.

One episode Jeff is bow hunting on a trophy club. A little four pt. came under his tree, he turned to the camera and said,"i think i'll cull this buck." :D :D

frankwright

It was vey good when Jeff did it and it stayed pretty good when "Boomer" the Radio Disk Jockey was the host. It has gone down now to a yuppie,feel good let's not kill anything show.

calvin

Banned
My daughter was 4 at the time...

(and she is 15 now) she made the show with a 9 lb channel cat she caught from our neighbors pond.

Fishasuras Rex fishing pole and a cricket!

What a great time that was.....

Calvin

truittsosebee

I agree. It was great when Jeff hosted it and even tolerable when Boomer took over. The current show is a joke. Does anyone else remember the episode where someone (I think it was a lady) killed two deer with one shot with a bow?

weagle

I don't remember the lady shooting the 2 deer. I do remember a great show where they were shooting squirrels out of the tree tops after their squirrel dog treed them. Seems like I also remember a show where an old guy was rabbit hunting with a flip.

It was and entirely different show from the current show which should be called Georgia Yuppies Outdoors.

Weagle

Last edited:

308 WIN

I Knew One Of The Guys That Started The Show Back In The Late 70's Or Early 80's. He Was In Our Club At The Time, And Many Of The First Shows Were Filmed Right There On Our Lease In Morgan County. I Was Just A Kid At The Time, But I Think His Name Was Dirone Norton.

denny

Dirone, was the co host with Jeff. Dirone may have hosted it by himself before Jeff came along. It would have been before I knew of the show.

huntaholic

Good Show !!!

That was a great show, I bought some of the Tv shows on tape a bow hunt an even a squirril dog hut an a hog to. I wish it was still on ::;

Nitro

Banned
weagle said:
If he was the heavy set , younger guy, he was great. Do you know if that series is available on DVD or tape.

Weagle

That would be him.......... Power packed :bounce:

Many nights we would grill Ducks and listen to D.A.C. and wonder what the poor folks were doing while thousands of ducks and geese flew overhead. Those were most definitely some of the best of times.

AG

bull0ne

Banned
weagle said:
Seems like I also remember a show where an old guy was rabbit hunting with a flip.

Weagle

I remember the flip on the rabbits,showed the slow-motion replay on a head shot on a running rabbit....it was an impressive segment.