OK, it's opening day of bowseason....

Hunter Haven

and your in the stand watching it get light. At first sign of good shooting light you have a doe coming straight for you. She stops at 22 yards and turns broadside while nosing the ground. She then turns her head away from you while still standing broadside and presents you with a wide open shot. Remember, it has just gotten good light on opening day. Would you shoot her or would you pass? My answer is simple. DEAD!!!!!!!!!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Yes I would shoot and I would sit and wait a little while for anything else that might come up behind her.

That very thing happened to me and after the doe went down I waited and shot an 8 pointer behind her and let 3 more smaller bucks walk.

And saw a second doe but let her go as well on eof the best hunting days I have ever had.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Aint no sweeter sound in the woods. :clap: :mad: ;)

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Funny you should mention it. My baby brother had that happen to him one year and he done just like you said. He shot at the doe. When he did though, a huge buck that was standing just 10 yards or so away that he'd never even saw went bounding away. Talking about one sick puppy.... :D

GAGE

GONetwork Member
She is going in the record books, because I have taken one on opening day evening but not in the morning!

What a way to kick off the season...

Razorback

Thawack ............>>>----------->

one for the freezer

But

Only after I scanned where she came from for the 12 pointer.

Razor

gordylew

Depends on what kind of sign is in the area. If I know there is a bigun around I would let her walk. I shot one back in the early 90s @6:50 am on opening day. I might have been the 1st person to kill a deer in Ga. that year. I could barely see my sights,that was before fiber optics.

Meriwether Mike

I need some venison. She is getting stuck!!

PWalls

Dead. No questions asked or explanations offered. A single doe and that kind of situation is a perfect setup and too good to miss. Plus, get some good venison early in the season.

Arrow3

You know the answer for me.......Dead doe!!!!

gabowman

Yep. I'd shoot. I always have a plan as to how long I'm gonna hunt. Whether I arrow a deer or not I stay on stand until that time comes (unless he's a real big 'un. Then I cant stand it much over 30 minutes.). :bounce:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If no babies are running with her, I will drop her. If she has babies and I am in my side of Heard County, we have a very late rut and our does have just now dropped (early July), so they are still REAL young come opening day so I probably hold off.

Jim

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Branchminnow said:
Yes I would shoot and I would sit and wait a little while for anything else that might come up behind her.

That very thing happened to me and after the doe went down I waited and shot an 8 pointer behind her and let 3 more smaller bucks walk.

And saw a second doe but let her go as well on eof the best hunting days I have ever had.

My sentiments, exactly...............doggone, Branch...........you're smarter than you look. ::ke:

Your Friend
HHH

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Twack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enough said

huntaholic

Yea Man !!!

I get meat first an then I will get a bit more picky, :fine: I am ready come on Sept 10, :bounce: