thanks to champster

Randy

I'll be hunting the month of December with my new Ruger Super Redhawk!!

Bonaire-Dave

Did you put a scope on it? I just got a Super Blackhawk Hunter .44 with a 7 1/2" barrel. Haven't had a chance to shot it yet, so this will be a project for next hunting season. Good luck, Dave

Randy

It will have a Leupold 2x on it Monday.

Stan in SC

You did better than you think.Very very nice pistol.Don't go over 2X on the scope.Higher magnification shows your natural "wobble" up even more.Practice,practice,practice.THEN go hunting.Don't dishonor your weapon or your game by not being proficient.

Stan

Randy

You are correct Stan. I hunted with pistols for years and have already made the mistakes with higher powered scopes and red dot sights. 2x is the only way to go.

I always had custom shop smith's and TC's. This is my first Ruger SHR.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Don't go over 2X on the scope.Higher magnification shows your natural "wobble" up even more.

Stan

Stan, whether you use 2X, 4X or 10X the wobble is there regardless. I like a higher magnification for just that reason. I can better learn to control the wobble if I can see it happening.
I like 4X scopes on my revolvers in order to make 100 yard shots, but to each his own.

Still waiting on pictures Randy!!!!

Randy

Let me get the scope mounted and I'll take some pictures. I bought a bandolier holster and some speed loaders for it today.