outfitter ratings:

tknight

Does any one know the website that you could read how others rated outfitters, guides, etc. I can't find it. Thanks.

Jorge

Try these two sites:

Hunting Information Systems

The Hunting Report

Hunting Information Systems is free but I have only used it a couple of times. The data seems good but the database is small compared to The Hunting Report.

On the Hunting Report site, go to Reports/Articles and then Hunt Report Search. Unless you are a member, the reports cost $0.99; however, you can sort by Controversial or Recommended reports. If the outfitter you are searching for has any controversial reports, it would be well worth the money to buy the report. If there are more than one controversial reports, proceed with extreme caution. This is a very good site and they also have a Fishing Report.

The Safari Club also has a database of hunt reports available to its members. While I read the reports that are published in their newletter, I have no idea how to find archived reports.

Good luck,

Jorge

huntfish

I'm sure others will agree, definitely check out your outfitter before you pay down. Find out what guide will be utilized. Jorge contacts are good. and definitely ask the outfitter for both sucessfull and unsucessful hunt references. If they will not give you those who were unsucessful, go elsewhere. Of course, always check the State Registry if required. I hate to say, but there are many sham outfitters out there.