Swaping a Bisley Hammer for a regular hammer

Bonaire-Dave

I'm checking out swaping a bisley hammer for a regular hammer on a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter. I never could find a Bisley Hunter, so I bought a SBH recently. Just wondering if the Bisley hammer could be swapped and would it be enough advantage to make it worthwhile. From the looks of it the Bisley Hammer would be easier to cock with a scope mounted.

Jason280

It should be a drop in, but you never know. Most kits sell the hammer with the trigger, so its a guess as to whether it will fit without any extra work. But, the swap is fairly easy to do, and can be accomplished in under 30mins to an hour.

KLR650

It is almost a drop in. The Bisley hammer has to be reprofiled to fit in the SBH frame but the pivot hole and sear hook are in the same place. All you need to do is get a tight fitting drill bit for the pivot hole, put both hammers on the same shaft and reprofile it with a grinder. Just go slow and keep them cool. The Bisley is the lowest of all the Ruger SA hammers and my personal favorite as is the Bisley gripframe.

SBH on left, Bisley on the right
sbhbishammersun4.jpg

hammers2se8.jpg

hammersmf8.jpg

HTH