Deer - All or nothing

There's only going to be one or the other and you decide

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

The second part of this http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=27087 is this question. You get to decide. For 2007 and beyond, there will be only one of two things happen.
1) ONLY deer season will happen
2) EVERYTHING else, EXCEPT deer season will happen.
Which would you take and why?
It's a hard one for me. But considering the variety this state has, I think I'll just watch the deer and go chase the turkey, hogs, yotes, dove, ducks, quail, rabbits, squirrels, grouse, etc., etc....

Al33

I love hunting deer, but would not give up hunting toms.

There are so many ways to hunt and so many things to hunt, I could not give all up for just one, not even turkies. Man, I can't believe I just typed that. :eek: I would hate to have to give up chasing those toms.

raghorn

There's a lot more oppurtunity for "everything else", and I ain't ever heard of anybody having to pay through the nose to shoot a tree rat. :cheers:

reylamb

Yeah, but you have to shoot a truckload of everything else to get the same amount of meat from deer. Plus, tree rat jerky is very stringy.........

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
man, I'd hate to give up my beloved coon huntin......

but would if it meant no more deer huntin otherwise...... :pop:.........I'd just move to another state instead. :)

Last edited:

hunter rich

Deer, deer, and more deer...I can't get enough...

Jody Hawk

As much as I love bowhunting whitetails I'd give it up this very minute if it came down to that and chasing gobblers.

RThomas

As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats deer hunting. It incorporates all that I love about hunting.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I would have to chose bowhunting whitetails. I sure would get depressed come turkey season though.
As a matter of fact i think i would have to move somewhere else.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I like deer hunting the best.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
everything else

I love my deer hunting.That said, I am about to rub some people the wrong way. WE DEER HUNTERS HOG IT ALL. None of the other small game hunters can enjoy their sport until we are done, and now, there are those that are advocateing the extension of deer season thru January.Ask any squirrel, rabbit, coon, etc... hunter when he gets to hunt and he will tell you after "deer season".Some would argue that they should lease their own land......but where? Every good size wood lot in the state is leased to deer hunters. Sure, there are some deer hunters that will hunt small game but there are an awful lot that won`t. I started hunting small game when there were not very many deer and I also tried to wear it out. I have been involved in this forum for several weeks now and have heard us deer hunters bash every thing and everybody. I`m guilty, and I wonder how we look to other folks...........Don`t do away with turkey season, might cause a fight. Hoot

Bowhunter24

I love hunting everything else, but i think i like my deer hunting just a little bit more

quak shot

I could quit deer hunting today, but if i had to quit shootin ducks, quail, doves, and turkeys just go ahead and put dirt on top of me!

Handgunner

Deer hunting for me... Turkey hunting is too hard... :rofl:

GA DAWG

Hooty Hoot said:
I love my deer hunting.That said, I am about to rub some people the wrong way. WE DEER HUNTERS HOG IT ALL. None of the other small game hunters can enjoy their sport until we are done, and now, there are those that are advocateing the extension of deer season thru January.Ask any squirrel, rabbit, coon, etc... hunter when he gets to hunt and he will tell you after "deer season".Some would argue that they should lease their own land......but where? Every good size wood lot in the state is leased to deer hunters. Sure, there are some deer hunters that will hunt small game but there are an awful lot that won`t. Hoot
I agree with this.I would choose everything else.I love deer hunting but it would have to go.I aint giving up coon hunting.If this was to happen first thing I would do is leave this beatiful state I've grown up in!!!

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I would have to pick deer hunting, although I sure would miss turkey and hog hunting.

Duff

Phil,

This question is way to difficult to answer without thinking for a while. Since I'm late for work, I'm going to chicken out :bounce: