Reylamb or anyone shot Darton or Mcpherson?

Taylor Co.

I have a Hoyt Ultra-tec 03 model with spiral cam.5(65%) I shoot this bow well but I've had shoulder surgery and am getting older and My left shoulder aches so bad after shooting, I just cannot enjoy it as much. I believe that going with the higher letoff and a smoother draw cycle it would not hurt as much...Of course I cant sell the dern HOYT for what I believe it is worth.
Anyway, I shot a Darton Tempest Extreme, I loved the dern thing...the grip the draw cycle, very low recoil/hand shock...What are your experiences with the Darton line?
Looked online at the Mcpherson Bishop and Edge both similar to the C/P/S from Darton... what are your experiences if any?
I am also not a fan of one-cam bows. Sorry this went on & on but my shoulder cant take it much longer...What about advice...all are welcome!

kcausey

Banned
Darton Tempest

I have shot this bow this year and loved it. Only thing i have shot that felt better was a Switchback. I have been very curious about Pearson McPhearson with their angled grip and light bows.
taylor, since you're fairly close to it, Chuck's carries Darton bows, David will set one up in 2 minutes and let you shoot it.

Taylor Co.

10/4

I've traded with David several times he's a stand-up guy! That's where I shot the bow. I did think the switchback was sweeet, but just dont really like one cams. It did have a very smooth draw cycle, but did not like the grip. The Darton aims better and feels better in my hand, plus my stepson has a Maverick and I can shoot that thing like nothing I've ever shot.
The Mcpherson's really intrigue me, what does not intrigue me is that the closest dealer is Albany @ Solo archery. The Darton I know I can get service on with David. I just need to scrape up the $$$ somehow?

raghorn

Darton has always been the Rodney Dangerfield of archery,they get way less respect than they deserve. Given a choice between the two I would choose the Darton.

reylamb

I ahve shot the Tempest and the Bishop. Both shot very well. Raghorn is right, Darton does not get any respect. I shot a Maverick for a while but switched to Hoyt when they came out with their cam.5 since it was quieter than the older Dartons. Darton has come a long way with the noise levels of their bows and they are good shooters. Plus, Darton is the originator of the hybrid cam craze.

Taylor Co.

10/4

Thanks for the advice guys! 1st thing is 1st for me, if someone..would buy the Hoyt from me then I could afford to either buy another Hoyt with the higher let-off or possibly the Darton, either bow would be good. I would actually prefer the Hoyt v-tec...but higher cost. I also like dealing with Larry Rooks at Precision Archery in Perry, Ga.

Last edited: