Senate Bill 12 Seeks bullet Serial Numbers

Toffy

From GONetwork

On December 11, State Senator Ronald Ramsey of Dekalb and Rockdale counties introduce legislation to require what amounts to serial numbers on the bottom of all bullets that can be used in a pistol in Georgia.
The extensive bill includes requirements for taxing of the ammo to fund the requirement and exhaustive record-keeping of who is buying ammo.
This bill is identified as Senate Bill 12 and is a direct threat to the Second Amendment, sport shooting, and hunting.
To read the bill, click here.
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/fulltext/sb12.htm

To Contact this State Senator, click here,
http://www.broc.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/senate/ramseybio.php

To contact your State Senator, click here
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/senate/senatelist.php

Please share this information with those you think would be interested in knowing about this pending legislation.

whitworth

A Bill is not a Law

And some bills are submitted by the mentally retarded.

A Congressman by the name of Blagojevich use to submit a lot of crazy bill when he was in that office.

Luke0927

We'll put a stop to this! I bet he is a democrat too.....

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
From GONetwork

On December 11, State Senator Ronald Ramsey of Dekalb and Rockdale counties introduce legislation to require what amounts to serial numbers on the bottom of all bullets that can be used in a pistol in Georgia.
The extensive bill includes requirements for taxing of the ammo to fund the requirement and exhaustive record-keeping of who is buying ammo.
This bill is identified as Senate Bill 12 and is a direct threat to the Second Amendment, sport shooting, and hunting.
To read the bill, click here.
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/fulltext/sb12.htm

To Contact this State Senator, click here,
http://www.broc.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/senate/ramseybio.php

To contact your State Senator, click here
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/senate/senatelist.php

Please share this information with those you think would be interested in knowing about this pending legislation.

What a collosal moronic waste of my tax dollars...:banginghe

KLR650

It will probably fly and creates a whole new class of criminal for handloaders and folks that cast there own bullets.

Everyone had better start sounding off or you will no be able to afford to buy a box ammo for hunting season. Just like the Californication gun ban. It started with two or three "evil" guns and after it was law they tacked 200 other guns to it. Next thing ya know the TAX with go from $.0005 per round to $5.00 per round to cover unforseen book keeping and enforcement expences.

Hunterbob1

And... for all this waste of time and money for manufactorers, retailers and justice department and law abiding citizens. The punishment for the crime of having an uncoded ammunition is a misdemeanor.
I am sure this will scare the crap out of criminals.
I have to put up with this guy, I live in district 43

jettman96

Just sent my email to MR. Robert Tolleson (R) (my state senator)...

Mr. Tolleson,

As my representative in the state senate, I would like to request the you vote no on State Bill 12. I am sure you are aware that this bill would ultimately require that all ammunition that can be used in a handgun be coded with some sort of "serial number" and would require that buyer be registered in a state database as purchasing said ammunition.

I am an avid outdoorsman that enjoys hunting, fishing, recreational shooting and many other activities. These activities are all within the letter of the law.

While I understand the purpose of this bill, as a means to assist criminal investigations. I see this bill as only effecting the average law abiding citizen. Just as with many other gun related laws, they keep honest people honest and force criminals to find another means for finding the tools of their lawlessness. This bill is just like punishing 97% of the population for the actions of 3%of the population.

Additionally, I can only see that the logistics and finances for this bill would all but make ammunition impossible to purchase due to the cost.

I would appreciate your help in stopping this bill from becoming law.

Thank you,
Nik C. Jett

crbrumbelow

Bought a box of Winchester 44 mag bullets today at walmart. 38 bucks. I made a comment on the high price and the clerk said "wait till the serial number bullets hit the shelf." Recon they know something we dont or is he a dummycrat trying to push the issue. It just reminds me of one reason I reload. I havent bought a box of store bought bullets in years until today. The only reason I did today was that I dont have 44 mag dies and components. I will have em next week.

comptoncarroll

I emailed my representative John Douglas yesterday.Just received an email back from him saying

MR.Compton:

I am sure SB 12 will be DOA as we are a very gun friendly legislature.
Count on me voting no if it ever came to the full Senate.

Also sent an email to U.S. Representative: Rep. John Linder (R-7)
Haven't received an email from him yet figured it wouldn't hurt to write them all.

Rich Kaminski

Well, who has had enough of these Senators?

I have, and I write to my Senators everytime one of these stupid bills comes up. When are they going to learn to focus on whats important and what is not?
There should be a law that says "No lawyers can be Senators or Congressmen" - because all they want to do is write more laws, that are ineffective and will be fought in a court of law costing the taxpayers even more money to pay for the defense attornies. See what they are doing - getting more taxpayer money to support lawyers jobs with frivoluous Bills.
Throw all the bums out and lets start over.

NottelyBILL

remember we voted these jokers into office. Let's not for 2 years from now.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Senate Bill

Who votes these Pinheads into office? Never mind, the last election answers that question.
I don't own a handgun anymore, but see this as a beginning step against all guns.