The Older You Get

Bones

It seems like the older I get the faster time goes. When I was younger it seemed like I was in a hurry and things went by to slow. My next birthday I will be 57 and this year has flown by like previous years. I told my wife I am going to throw an anchor out and try to slow things down. Our first grandson was 1 year old July 19 and ist seems like yesterday he was born. I sit and think of years past and the great hunting and fishing experiences I have had with my father, brother, sons and thank God for each and every one of them. My Dad and brother have gone on to be with the lord but my son and I still hunt and fish and what a joy. I sit around the campfire and can still see my Dad sitting across from me sitting on a stump with long sleeve blue jean shirt on smoking a camel non filter cigerette. How time flys. I am looking forward to teaching my grandson to fish and hopefully there will still be hunting. Sorry about the rambling. Have a great day.

Bones

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
You got that right

It seems like the older I get the faster time goes.

It must be going faster, I'm retired now and I am still getting further behind in the things I plan to do ;)

I will have 3 grandchildren in collage this year :cool:

reylamb

Yeah, I noticed that also. I woke up this moring and it was Friday. It feels like I just woke up yesterday and it was Monday......

Jack Flynn

I started enjoying my life and self some 8 years ago....

I used to work some 1000 hrs a year OT and well when my babygirl that is 8 came along I stopped all the OT and decided to watch this one grow up and enjoy myself and the family. What a difference it makes to just enjoy what is passing by so quickly. It doesn't matter what you accomplish in life, it will be how you are remembered for sure. Loving every second that ticks by. Now my babygirl is one squirrel skinning rabbit cleaning deer gutting fish scaling sweetheart. It is great to be your childs hero.

reylamb

Jack, been there done that. I was at a TV station in Charleston when my daughter was born. The day she was born I got called in to work. What seemed like a few weeks later I came home and she was walking. I asked my wife, when did she start that? She says a few months ago, if you would be home more often you would have seen it. Ouch...................came to Atl to a bigger station for more pay and fewer hours. I have not regretted any bit of it either.

Woody's Janitor

The older you get, the faster it gos!!
Please, someone put on the brakes!!

raghorn

Bones , it ain't rambling, its called realizing there are things we're missing out on. I just got off the phone from a long pleasant coversation with Taylor Co. about this very subject, it's time to put the brakes on and enjoy the finer parts of lifes and hunting. :fine: