Piece of history...

BBQBOSS

Banned
This is on my FIL's property. It was taken out in the early 80's.

Which one of these containers...

IMG_2419.jpg

...would most likely contain the liquid made by this: :bounce::bounce:

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

MURFF

Somebodys double bit ax spoiled all the fun. Neat pics. These are always a cool find.

GAX

Nice Find!!!
Yep looks like the law got ahold of that popskull mill.

Mel

How cool! Thanks for sharing those pics. I've never seen anything like that before and would love to see it out in the woods. I love seeing old broken down things like that and let my mind run with it and think about the people and things that were there before.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Neat pics. There are several old busted up stills near here.

BBQBOSS

Banned
yeah ive been down and seen it a few time but finally remembered to bring the camera...

JasonF

Very cool find!!
Thanks for sharing!

mlbfish

Neat series. I remember in 1968 I was riding my motorcycle about a mile from where I'm setting now. It was on a friends property. I wanted to go out this old looking trail but he stopped me. Told me we might get shot. He took me out another trail and found something like what you are showing. He said this is one of dad's that they found. They haven't found the other one's yet. I went home, never went back. He's a Chamblee police officer now.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Neat shots, yep have come up on a few of those "found ones" on various hunting leases I have been on:bounce:

Nugefan

yeah ive been down and seen it a few time but finally remembered to bring the camera...

on private land I guess ....

that is a Classic ......:banana::banana::banana:

bigkga69

I found one on our hunting property and the mash pot is made of wood, its about 8 feet in diameter, the neat part is I found some of the liquor jugs and they are hand made out of clay, for some reason though I cant seem to get it to work........if only I could have found it 100 years ago.....:bounce:;);)

The AmBASSaDEER

Mighty, mighty pleasin, pappy's corn squeezin'
Whshhhoooh . . .

Redbow

Looks like the feds found the still. I have seen them many times in my younger days here in the NC woods. The authorties used to use explosives to blow up the illegal distilling operations around our area.