Talladega?

msdins

Any recommendations on where to camp at the track? I will be taking my TT down there so I want a reserved area I just dont know which is the best.

meherg

all are great one BIG party

merc123

There are DROVES of fields out there to camp in. I've been racing at the dirt track over there and there are farm acres of places to camp at. Depends on how close or how far you want to be.

msdins

There are DROVES of fields out there to camp in. I've been racing at the dirt track over there and there are farm acres of places to camp at. Depends on how close or how far you want to be.

I would like to stay in one of the fenced in reserved areas at the track. A friend was telling me the last time he went there he drove by the fields on his way in and there were people showing XXX movies on the big screen outside first thing in the morning. I dont mind dealing with some of the crazy stuff that happens there during the day but when its night time I want something a little more mundane.

ltibbit1

I am looking to make some friends that would not mind if I go to a race with them in 09. I would prefer that there are some ladies in the group...I am just looking to make friends and have never been to a race. I have a seriuous boyfriend so I am not looking for a relationship. My boyfriend has medical issues that does not allow him to go to a race or he would go with me. I can pay my on way. I am 25 college student full time. Let me know if interested.

Thanks!!

EON

You should't have trouble finding someone to invite ya along. I would but I haven't been for a couple years.

I used to go every race, there where several of us that all camped at CC's which is right behind the tract. Short walk and great people to deal with. You better call ahead, I know we always booked our camp sites for the next race when we left. Repeat campers always had first choice. Good luck, Daga is always a blase.

msdins

I am looking to make some friends that would not mind if I go to a race with them in 09. I would prefer that there are some ladies in the group...I am just looking to make friends and have never been to a race. I have a seriuous boyfriend so I am not looking for a relationship. My boyfriend has medical issues that does not allow him to go to a race or he would go with me. I can pay my on way. I am 25 college student full time. Let me know if interested.

Thanks!!

ltibbit1, there will be 7 of us on this trip staying in one camper so I am full for dega. I may have an extra spot for the march race in atlanta. I will let you know as soon as I know for sure if you are interested in that.

I used to go every race, there where several of us that all camped at CC's which is right behind the tract. Short walk and great people to deal with. You better call ahead, I know we always booked our camp sites for the next race when we left. Repeat campers always had first choice. Good luck, Daga is always a blase.

Eon,

Thanks for the recommendation. I have an email in to them now checking on reservations.

ltibbit1

That would be AWESOME...if nothing else I would not have to camp with you all just show up on race day!! I just think it would be more fun to have someone to sit with versus going alone. I SINCERELY APPRECIATE your reply...it has made my day!! I can't wait for "GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES"!!!!!!!!

my number is 770 546- 7143 and my name is Linda Tibbitts

skeeter24

I have camped in the East Park reserve lot for the past 3 or four years in the spring and the fall. It is right across the street from the free camping so we can pack a cooler and walk over there for the funs stuff and then come back to our nice quiet campground when we are done. I am right on the fence where the day lot traffic comes in so that is some good people watching.

My spot is perfectly level and is 20' x 50'. Only downside is that it is a long walk to our seats on the frontstretch tri-oval. The people that go with us sit on the backstretch which is a much closer walk.

leonard

has anyone stayed in the infield at Dega? I have a spot this year for the April race and wanted to know peoples thoughts, some say it is no longer the place to party because they have tighten security??? any suggestions? or is the infield the place to be ?

msdins

has anyone stayed in the infield at Dega? I have a spot this year for the April race and wanted to know peoples thoughts, some say it is no longer the place to party because they have tighten security??? any suggestions? or is the infield the place to be ?

The crazier stuff seems to happens in the free camping areas now but as far as I know the infield is still a big party.

Check out this site for some more info:

http://www.nascarcamping.com/board/search.php?searchid=68825

matt92

Talladega

I stay in the infield for the past 5 years. Wouldn't wont to stay anywere else. Were is your spot? Mine is on Talladega Blvd. Come and see us we party like crazy. Last year was the wildest year ever. Our spot is 265. I went one year on the outside don't wont to go back. And yes the infield is the place to be. Talladega Blvd anyway. Come by it gets wild.

leonard

I am also on Talladega BLvd, Picking up tickets this week from a buddy so not sure the lot number. good to hear the infield is the place to be after some have told me they try and shut things down at 10pm ???

matt92

race

No its all night if you wont. It was 3 or 4 every night when we went to bed. It don't shut down until you had enough of the party.