deer cart

JohnnyT

great site, glad I found it. Good luck to all tomorrow, I'll be wishing I was out there with you. Can I get any feedback from users on the deer haulers/carts on the market. I am reduced to public land this year mostly by myself and will start in rifle season and am looking into getting one of the deer carts like from Cabelas. Any good or bad experiences with those? Again, good luck tomorrow.

Randy

I have one hanging in the shed that I used twice. It still just about killed me to get the deer out on it. I bought it in hopes of not having to buy a 4 wheeler. It was not good enough so now I have a 4 wheeler. If you have no other option it is better than dragging but do not fool yourself in to thinking it won't be hard work. I bought mine at the Buck-a-rama and I think it is made by Warren Swett. I think it is called the mule?

RCCola

I have one that I got at Bass Pro 3 years ago. It sure beats dragging one up on a slope or hill.

You just have to watch yourself if you are going sideways up a slope because it may tilt on you. Make sure the pins stay in the wheels and axles.

The price of mine was on sale $79 regular $99.

carts

I love my cart,to me it is considerably easier than dragging a deer.On public land I like to roll my stand in with it ,chain it to a tree and hope I need it.I can't get a 4 wheeler to most areas I hunt.Good luck everybody

TENPOINT

Gone but Not Forgotten
I Have Found That If You Carry A Tarp With You. Wrap The Deer In The Trap You Will Be Suprised How Easy It Is To Drag Your Deer Out. It Is Much Easier Than Pulling A Cart In After You Drop Your Deer. Try It You Will Be Suprised.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tenpoint

Good idea. Thanks

Slug-Gunner

Deer Sleigh'r Sled

Me and a couple of hunt'n buddies use the Deer Sleigh'r Sled when we have to drag a deer or hog more than a few yards to the nearest access road or fire-break. It can be found on Cabela's at the following web site.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...tId=&parentType=&rid=&cmCat=search&hasJS=true

My friends use it when they go on the hog hunts at the island off Savannah in the annual hog hunts in late Feb or March each year. They say that even dragging a 250 lb hog is "easy" with it. I keep one in my car/truck at all times during hunting season.

It is made of a heavy "slick" plastic about 1/8" thick, with holes punched in the sides so you can lash the deer or hog inside of it. It has larger grommet holes in one end to tie a larger "deer drag" rope in. It pulls over pine needles or leaves like it was on "rollers", and even going over downed branches or trees offers very little resistance to its "slick" surface. It rolls up into a tube about 28 inches long and 3 inches in diameter for easy carrying. The smaller size is all you'll ever need for deer or hogs. The larger size is mainly for bear, elk, and moose sized animals.

HINT: When using it going DOWNHILL, put the deer or hog in front of you.... or you'll get "run over" by it.

:D :cool: :flag: :clap: