camping on the chattooga river

River Rambler

Camp there regularly.
It's the prettiest river in the state imho.
Never had any problems but they've had steady problems with break ins of vehicle over the past couple years.

Attachments

• Chattooga campsite May 30 2007.jpg
    Chattooga campsite May 30 2007.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,035
  • 17 inch Chattooga Brown.jpg
    17 inch Chattooga Brown.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,068
  • 17 inch Chattooga Brown release.jpg
    17 inch Chattooga Brown release.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,018

hoochfisher

Banned
beautiful country up there but,

whenever some one mentions the chattooga, i'm remimded of some shirts i say this past summer in helen.......

"i hear banjos, paddle faster!"
"the rivers thrillin' 'till your hear the squillen"

crackerdave

beautiful country up there but,

whenever some one mentions the chattooga, i'm remimded of some shirts i say this past summer in helen.......

"i hear banjos, paddle faster!"
"the rivers thrillin' 'till your hear the squillen"

:rofl: Apparently,this should have been posted in the"On Topic" serious forum,hooch.They're not laffin!

big buck down

Camp there regularly.
It's the prettiest river in the state imho.
Never had any problems but they've had steady problems with break ins of vehicle over the past couple years.

What part of the rive do ya camp on.

bigkga69

I've been camping up there my whole life, I dont actually camp on the Chattooga, I usually camp on Westfork and fish from there.....thats the first I have heard of car break-ins up there, I guarantee you they wont break into anymore if they approach my truck, crawfish food.........if ya know what I mean........

jonkayak

I have camped on most every section of that river. Very pretty river, with some great trout and even some bass on some sections. Never had a problem while camping up there except for being woken up once at 3:00 am and asked if we had anything they could smoke :crazy:

antique41

Chattooga River camping

Being blessed by God to live in Rabun County, I camp on the Chattooga regularly. If you are willing to walk, both the Bartram and the Chattooga River trail have some great sites. If you want to get away from the crowds, try the Tallulah/Coleman River area on the other side of Rabun County