Hunting Today and rabbit cleaning

BLAW

Well this morning Jettman96 and I decided to go deer hunting and then thought we would try some rabbit and squirrel hunting during the afternoon. Well not long after being in the deer stands and sitting through some drizzle and rain we decided to leave the woods and head to Waffle House.

After eating a nice warm breakfast and drinking a little coffee we decided to see what the rabbits and squirrels were up to. Well not a single squirrel was to be seen assuming this was the case because of the wind. However, I did jump a rabbit and put it in the truck to bring it home.

Then later as we were driving around we came around a corner and the road was all red clay"soup" and large ruts from some larger vehicles. Needless to say after about 30 minutes and the use of a "gun powder" operated chainsaw to remove a dead tree we made it through. Unfortunately no pictures.

It was a great day though and good times spent in the woods. After which I had to clean the crazy rabbit. I managed to do it but I butchered it similar to the way a person just learning to filet a fish does.

For you seasoned rabbit hunters...Do you have any tips or best practices to quickly clean rabbits?

``````````````````````````Rabbit Tracks Ever where```````````````>

Against the Law, to shoot a rabbit, up here in North Georgia, unless it is in front of a Pack ofRabbit Hound !

Daddy Rabbit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

jettman96

Yeah it would have been nice to have a camera yesterday!!! Although taking pictures was about the furthest thing from my mind when we were trying to get the truck out.

red dragon

split the belly and take the guts out.
then later when you get home cut the legs off and then cut around the neck and pull the fur off and there you go a rabbit ready for the pot

mlandrum

Be sure your sin will find you out !

Probably because of the sin you committed is the reason for the "RED SOUP" experience? The sin you committed was kill a rabbit without a pack of Blues behind it!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Rabbit Tracks Everywhere````````````````````````````````````See them?

Brotherslick,
Now where have you been?

I was wondering about you just a few days ago?

I tell you another God Old Boy, I havn't seen or heard anything out off in a long time?

Mad Rabbit Hunter, anyone know what has happen to my South Ga. Buddy??

I sure hope a Mad Rabbit didn't get after the old boy!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

mlandrum

Red Dragon !

Red Dragon good to have you aboard ! I noticed you were real VAGUE in you present location, You ain't an undercover friend of CanePatch are you? I have to watch my back with him! Let me say we are watching you very closley!!!!!:pop::pop::pop::pop:

Rabbit Tracks Everywhere````````````````````````````````````See them?

Preacher Man, that Lad it~ A~ O.K. can't you see those, Red ticks on, is hounds front legs? You can always tell what kind of fellow, a person is, by the kind of hounds he feeds!!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Well this morning Jettman96 and I decided to go deer hunting and then thought we would try some rabbit and squirrel hunting during the afternoon. Well not long after being in the deer stands and sitting through some drizzle and rain we decided to leave the woods and head to Waffle House.

After eating a nice warm breakfast and drinking a little coffee we decided to see what the rabbits and squirrels were up to. Well not a single squirrel was to be seen assuming this was the case because of the wind. However, I did jump a rabbit and put it in the truck to bring it home.

Then later as we were driving around we came around a corner and the road was all red clay"soup" and large ruts from some larger vehicles. Needless to say after about 30 minutes and the use of a "gun powder" operated chainsaw to remove a dead tree we made it through. Unfortunately no pictures.

It was a great day though and good times spent in the woods. After which I had to clean the crazy rabbit. I managed to do it but I butchered it similar to the way a person just learning to filet a fish does.

For you seasoned rabbit hunters...Do you have any tips or best practices to quickly clean rabbits?

last time out at Pinelog, I was taking the Eastern Rock Quarry Road Loop. I dont have 4 wheel drive and I barely made it up the mountain, but I did, then down through some really rough spots, basically to the point of NO RETURN. Almost to the end and this football girth size Pine tree was laying across the road..........OH NO!
THANK THE LORD I had a good limb cutting Hand saw in the back of the truck......I had that tree in half and on the side of the road in about 5 minutes......If I had not had that saw, I might still be there:eek:

Good Story and it is amazing how we can do foolish things sometimes, but then a situation arises and we suddenly get our priorities straight:smash:.