ok to hunt my dog at siminole with alligators

Russ Toole

This time of year I would think you would be ok. I have waded chest deep off some of the islands and never saw any. You could call some locals for better advice. Wingates lodge or some locals from on here.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Unless it is as cold as it`s gonna be for the next few days, I wouldn`t put a dog I cared about out on Seminole. That`s just me though.

rspringer

ever heard of top water bait?

But on a serious note, why is team take em not going to a "honey hole". are yall having to resort to the lakes now? Not a good sign for your organization. Upper level management problems, i would guess.

littletime

If water temp is way down no worries, but I did see some over new years when it was 70 degrees

bnew17

I only been to seminole once. Went last year early season for 3 days and didnt see a single gator. Of course they are there, we just never saw any.

maker4life

No!!

Post up some kill pics from this year. I want to see how TT compares to DS.

I want to see who the best team is around here.

Last edited:

DONNY31904

Was hunting 2 weeks ago when it was about 28 degrees..saw about a 10 footer. This was in eufaula..at about 8am....i would not let my lab out of the boat...leave him at home he will still be there when u get back.....i never though i would see one when it was that cold but we did.....

AEKDB50

i hunted in mid December at Seminole. I was very hesitant but he needed to work for some ducks and he survived thank God. I didnt see any gators and it was probably in the 50's to 60's outside. I wasn't cold at all so it couldn't have been too cold out the days I went. I guess I will live and learn. I still brought my dog but it's your dog and your decision. It depends on if he actually needs work also mine just turned 2 so I wanted to bring him. We were all wading by some islands too. Good luck

Stupid is Stupid does!!!!!!! You just can't fix stupid!!!!!

Would you let your own children swim with the toothy dino's???????????????

I'm sorry, but your just ignorant! May God help your soul.

Latest posts