At last--My very first hand cannon!!!!

Will-dawg

I finally got my hand gun put together. It is a 30-30 with a 12" barrel and a muzzle break topped with a 2x TC illuminated scope. Thanks to HandgunHTR for the grip;). I will be shooting the lever evolutions out of it as long as they work well at the range. Can't wait to shoot it and I also can't wait to see what it does to a deer:shoot:. Oh yeah, I've got my ear muffs ready too. Just thought I would show my new toy off. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• 100_1297.JPG
    100_1297.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 100_1296.JPG
    100_1296.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,068

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Sweet gun ---except the brake-- took a quick shot at a yote one day with my Contender 7X30 Waters with brake-- no plugs / muffs in place----WON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN:bounce::bounce::bounce:-- expect to see ya in the handgun challange next year:)

Lonegle57

Congrats on the contender, my first had similar grips and I quickly changed them, found them very hard on the hand. 25 years later plus four more frames and numerous barrels it is still a favorite.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Very nice Will!

That will work just fine on a deer and I have been hearing some very good reports about the LeveRevolution ammo.

I will say this though, you will start with one, you will end up with MANY!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
some of us have TOO many:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Broncoxlt

very nice

:offtopic: looks like the first hand gun I ever shot I was scraid to death when I pulled the trigger. I did not kill me so now I want one

Razor Blade

Those short barrels are tough on the ears , A few years ago a friend and i were shooting hand guns . I have a building near my shooting range , it has a nice bench built along the wall with a small door cut into the wall . When shooting , you would just open the small door , stick out the barrel, put the gun on the sand bags and shoot , even in the rain , it was nice . Anyway back to the story , we were shooting hand guns , i had a contender .223 in a 10 barrel i was shooting . I was not used to shooting the " short " guns from the building . I pulled the trigger , and i was sure the building looked like a cartoon when the building explodes apart and then comes back together again . That is what it felt like anyway .It felt like the concussion squeezed the breath out of me , we did have on hearing protectors . Only takes one time for me to learn something , don't have to tell me but one time to make sure the barrel is sticking OUT OF the little hole in the wall before you pull the trigger . Its amazing how much pressure that little round has . SCOTT

Rich Kaminski

I think your gun looks great

But isn't that muzz;e break going to be very loud when you fire that handgun??? Better get the Gameear.

Lumpkin Hunter

Nice gun

You will really love it, I have an Encore with a 15" barrell in 30-30. I have killed 2 bucks and several does with it. They really shoot well. One thing, I couldn't get the Lever Evolution ammo to shoot very well out of mine. I had a hard time getting a good group even at 40 yards. I do shoot the Winchester 150 gr hollow points. This is what I have used to kill every one of the deer I have taken with it. This year I killed a nice 7pt at around 125 yards according to the range finder. Good luck with it you will enjoy it a lot.

Attachments

• IMG00157.jpg
    IMG00157.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,000

Will-dawg

But isn't that muzz;e break going to be very loud when you fire that handgun??? Better get the Gameear.
Oh yeah--It is VERY loud. I learned my lesson the very first time I shot one. My ears rang for 3 days--not a very enjoyable experience. I am looking at getting a gameear or powermuffs before hunting season but right now my range muffs will work just fine.

Will-dawg

You will really love it, I have an Encore with a 15" barrell in 30-30. I have killed 2 bucks and several does with it. They really shoot well. One thing, I couldn't get the Lever Evolution ammo to shoot very well out of mine. I had a hard time getting a good group even at 40 yards. I do shoot the Winchester 150 gr hollow points. This is what I have used to kill every one of the deer I have taken with it. This year I killed a nice 7pt at around 125 yards according to the range finder. Good luck with it you will enjoy it a lot.
I am going to shoot it today and will post the results later.

Hey Will-dawg, congrats on getting that Contender ... should be a nice hunting rig for ya. I have several braked Contender barrels I hunt with and I always wear ear protection when hunting. The last few years I've been using Peltor Tactical 6-S muffs and have been happy with them ... they are not too expensive either ... I think I gave 70 bucks for mine. Anyway, hope you enjoy that tender .... James

If you reload, or have a friend that does, don't waste your money on the Leverevolutions. Just load up some 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. If I had the components, I could put you some together. I think I've got a 30-30 die set somewhere.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
That looks like a nose breaker.

Will-dawg

If you reload, or have a friend that does, don't waste your money on the Leverevolutions. Just load up some 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. If I had the components, I could put you some together. I think I've got a 30-30 die set somewhere.

Thanks for the offer but I shot it yesterday with the leverevolutions and core lokts and the leverevolutions actually shot better. At 50 yards( shooting off of a monopod ) I was shooting 2 1/2 inch groups. I'm going to a range this weekend to try at 100 yards and maybe further and this time I'll have a better rest with sandbags. I'm glad they shoot well 'cause I've done stocked up on the lever ammo.

Craig Knight

Ruger

heres my newest hand cannon. Just won a Leupold scope off ebay for it last night cant wait to put it on and sight it in.

Attachments

• ruger.jpg
    ruger.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 828
you call those hand cannons..... this is a hand cannon S&W .460 Mag :bounce: congrats on the new gun, best of luck to ya!

Attachments

• PICT0135.jpg
    PICT0135.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 827

Will-dawg

you call those hand cannons..... this is a hand cannon S&W .460 Mag :bounce: congrats on the new gun, best of luck to ya!

Beautiful pistol. I would love to have one if all I hunted were ELEPHANTS:whip:--just kidding and best of luck to you also!!!