Any acorns?

Tommy12

Has anyone seen any acorn trees producing in the south? I have not seen no acorns in Dooly county.

Whitetailer

Nope...

I was up at my Berrien Co. property last week and was surprised to see no acorns. During the drought years the acorns kept me awake at night hitting my roof and rolling off. The last couple of years the property has been flooded for the most part. Too much water for acorn production? Just a cycle??? "IF" I can hunt it this year, maybe no acorns will be better for seeing the Deer.

Whitetailer

1Baddad!

None Here in Camden!!

Went Scouting in my normal spots on Naval Submarine Base in St. Marys. Couldn't find any trees with Acorn's at all. Weird year. No rubs yet either. Plenty of deer though.

radi_33125

I have two white oaks and there is not a single acorn. I haven't seen any rubs neither, but the bucks are not in velvet because I saw two of them and they had shed their velvet off.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Akerns

SW Ga, we have water oaks loaded with akerns. They're just beginning to drop. But our deer are still hanging around the peanut fields.

Big Lazer Deer Hunter

I have several white oaks in my yard, but only one or two of them have any acorns on them, but these two are loaded with acorns. If I can find this same example in the woods, I should be in good shape for a great season.

sweatequity

food plots

will be huge this year in my opinion thats if it rains!

gtaff

Banned
What about hickory nuts? Will deer eat those? I have a ton of hickory nuts at the house.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
hickory nuts

No, but they say turkeys will eat pignut hickory nuts... They're small.

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
I live in Hart county and we have tons of them falling at the house. We hunt in elbert county and there are lots falling there as well. Sat in a stand of hardwoods last night and I could hear them falling all around me so I would say they are really just getting started.

mockingbird

Acorns are falling like rain from white oaks I didn't even know had acorns! Deer hoof prints all around! Dang full moon-- they're all coming out in the middle of the night!