Low birds

timothyroland

i dont now about yall but i dont like getting peppered this morning some guys hunting across the pond from us decided to shoot at a bird 5 feet off the water and directly in line with us one guy got hit in the head with pellets and i had them bouncing off my jacket when we said a few choice words to them:mad: there excuse was that they didnt now we were there:, this is after weve shot 20 plus times and droped two birds but they didnt now:crazy:, me and my buddy both agreed that if they wouldnt have been smart tales that we wouldnt have gotten so ill but they did and we did the main thing im saying is lets every one be careful some one getting shot is just another excuse for them to try and stop hunting they dont need help we do

People don't realize how dangerous shooting at low birds can be. I got hit in the face by 2 #8 pellets on a dove field this year. A friend of mine shot at a dove as it crossed the watering system that we were sitting on. Some of the shot deflected off the framework of the watering system and hit me as I was setting 2 sets of wheels away (maybe 60 yards).

timothyroland

we dont clame to be good shots that and we were shooting ringnecks on public land so some shots were after they had done been shot at just trying something as they lit the rockets

Heard this happened yesterday as well on one of the West Point ponds.

bnew17

i dont now about yall but i dont like getting peppered this morning some guys hunting across the pond from us decided to shoot at a bird 5 feet off the water and directly in line with us one guy got hit in the head with pellets and i had them bouncing off my jacket when we said a few choice words to them:mad: there excuse was that they didnt now we were there:, this is after weve shot 20 plus times and droped two birds but they didnt now:crazy:, me and my buddy both agreed that if they wouldnt have been smart tales that we wouldnt have gotten so ill but they did and we did the main thing im saying is lets every one be careful some one getting shot is just another excuse for them to try and stop hunting they dont need help we do

That sucks that happened to yal. Im lucky enough to have a few personal places to shoot as well as some friends places that i dont have to shoot public. Those guys must have been mentally handicapped. Scary that there are people out there that will do this Knowing you and your friend were across the water. As far as the amount of shots per bird. Sounds like my shootin :rofl: