Need reviews on Triple S Farm and Etowah Valley Preserve

jdicker680

I'm thinking about taking my dad and brothers on a guided pheasant hunt. The two places closest to me are Triple S Farms in Tunnel Hill, GA and Etowah Valley Game Preserve in Dawsonville, GA. Has anybody on here been to either one of them?? How was your experience?? Any reviews or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

kkennett

I have been to Etowah Valley several times. My groups have always received excellent service on good terrain. While I have never been to Triple S, thus have no basis for comparison, I can give my unqualified endorsement of Etowah.

mecicon

Richard is a quality gut who will treat you right. And will give a discount for cash.

Couple questions:

Are you taking your dogs or using the handlers dogs?

Have you and your brothers shot birds before?

Ask Richard if you could use the trap first to brush up.

Another place ,not far from you, that also has pheasant is Cherokee Plantation in Armuchee, GA.

Good luck.

jdicker680

Mecicon,

Which place are you referring to?? I don't have dogs so I will be using the guide and his dogs, I have been bird hunting before but my brothers have not.

How is Cherokee Plantation?? Have you been there before?

MRH

I'm thinking about taking my dad and brothers on a guided pheasant hunt. The two places closest to me are Triple S Farms in Tunnel Hill, GA and Etowah Valley Game Preserve in Dawsonville, GA. Has anybody on here been to either one of them?? How was your experience?? Any reviews or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

I've shot with Triple S. They're kind of a no frills bunch. Don't have a fancy lodge, don't have anyone cleaning your birds, and if you're not using their guides or dogs they pretty much put the birds out and leave you on your own. That was fine with us as that's all we wanted.

If you're looking for the more traditional hunt where you're fed, watered, and catered to by the guides they may not be for you.

As for me I liked the no nonsense approach. They're super nice people and very friendly. Hope they get some dove fields planted again this year as I've been on some good dove shoots with them in the past.

mecicon

Mecicon,

Which place are you referring to?? I don't have dogs so I will be using the guide and his dogs, I have been bird hunting before but my brothers have not.

How is Cherokee Plantation?? Have you been there before?

Sorry, I was unclear, Richard Becker runs Etowah Valley.

I have not been to Triple S, I know that Cherokee Plantation is close to you as well so just another option.

Enjoy your hunt.

HOWCO

Cherokee Plantation

Contact Mike at cherokee Plantation. It's a very low key place with great cover and good birds.

DukTruk

The folks at Triple S are really good folks. It is a "no frills" operation (which is what I was after). The previous poster was correct, if you don't use their dogs or guides, they plant the birds and leave. Again, they are really good folks.