places to ride near jackson county

bradpatt03

tryin to find somewhere to go remotely close to jackson county up here in n. ga. seems like everything is out toward oconee or way the heck down in s. ga. anyone no of anywhere decent???

sniper13

If you haven't already; try Locust Stake near Toccoa ( if you can catch it open) or Wissenhunt just above Dahlonega. Both are Forrest service lands around 45mi. from home.
You can also hunt these areas as they are National Forrest Service lands. Both are $5 a day.
:shoot:

red dirt

It would really be nice if there was some open riding around close by. This area is very motorsport friendly, with both race tracks, and Year One being big draws to the community. Jackson county, was rumored, to have the largest amount of actual farms in the state.

Sniper and bradpatt, you to long time JC natives ought to have some well bedded connectios around here for riding! come on share em

bradpatt03

i ended up going to locust stake for the first time...it's decent for a sport atv but better for a utility. there are jumps everywhere but i got kinda nervous when a couple were uneven and threw me crooked. the harder trails are really fun w/ rocks and hills you have to maneuver.

as far as a motocross track- i bet it won't be long :cool: they are building a dirtbike/atv shop about a mile from my house (suzuki dealership)

sniper13

Brad,
I haven't hunted up there yet, but have seen good sign off the trails a little way.
The terrain doesn't get hard until you get off your ATV and start walking. :rofl: :rofl:
We could go over to Beretta's house. He lives further out in the country than I do. :cheers: :rofl:
pm me again with where you live. If you are a mile from the new suzuki place, we've got to be close.
Sniper
:shoot:

firebiker

New Suzuki dealer ? wheres that going in at ?
wish a Harley dealership would come this way, Hoschton Harley yeah thats the ticket :cheers:
of course I will be glad when the Cracker Barrel opens and a New Publix that will be closer :cool:

sniper13

On Hwy53 1/2-3/4mi. north of 85 on your right.

bradpatt03

firebiker- if you know where the cracker barrell's goin then you know where the suzuki place is goin..just go about another 200 yrds up the road. saw the sign today says they're openin sept 2nd....that zaxby's goin up next to the cracker barrell should be some good stuff too...where's the publix going???

red dirt

brad, several yrs back some co workers hunted near the trussel at locuat and killed a 15 in. inside 8 pointer during bow season.

man, ya'll need to get us access to ride some the powerlines between Braselton and Hoschton. surely ya'll have connections.

Just kidding, if it ain't legal riding I dont attempt it.

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
Just be careful when hunting there. A friend of mine was hunting in Locust and watching a doe with a litlin when three young guys came over the hill behind him and opened fire on the doe and fawn. They hit the tree my friend was leaning on and killed the fawn. Probably killed the doe too, but he didn't find the doe.

Brad, come on man, are you so spoiled that you don't like less groomed jumps? I wish I had known you were going to Locust, that's about fifteen minutes from my house. Maybe less. And you need to go on over to the mx track on hwy 106. Just keep going on 17 south past Locust and go to the second or third light (hwy 106), turn right and go about six miles or so. It's on the left. Let me know what you think of it. I guarantee you'll be sore! Heres the link: www.thundermax.net

Last edited:

bradpatt03

i didn't know you lived so close kreed...i had heard you talk about it before but i for some reason though you were down in south ga somewhere. yea a guy we were talkin to in the parkin lot mentioned a neat mx track but wasn't sure where it was. thanks!!

reddirt - you are so right...there are SO many power lines out here that go ON and ON and ON...a lot of them are owned by farmers but i'm noticing quite a few owned by private companies..but there are no buildings on them :huh: not sure what the deal is but it sure would be neat to ride them...not sure if its legal or not but i know there are trails running up them where someone's ridin em...i'll have to look into it for ya

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
bradpatt03 said:
i didn't know you lived so close kreed...

OK, I modified my location for ya. Now you won't forget! If you ride Locust a few times you'll know the bad jumps and the good ones. It's better riding through the week because there are less riders and you can sometimes get everyone to riding together. It's a blast then! Me and Goob have been there a couple of times when fellers on dirtbikes (no headlights) would ride between us after dark. Wait till ya hit those jumps when you can't see where you're landing!

bradpatt03

yea we didn't even get up there until about 5 on sunday and there were probably 10 folks. then about 20 minutes before dark it was just us and 2 other guys along w/ one of their kids. some of those jumps weren't bad at all but everytime i got to trusting the dang things i'd hit one that would try to make me do a dang barrel roll in the air. i think i got spoiled learnin at dp. but that's ok because i think i'm goin there on sunday..would go to broad river but i'm gonna wait until they get their tracks goin...

and about the dark/night ridin- i know exactly what yer talkin about...we do it at my farm all the time..i took my dad's tractor and built a jump out in the pasture and when me and my buddies go up we park beside where you should land and shine our headlights at it...but when you hit that jump..you have no idea if your 3 feet off the ground or 10 feet off the ground...its such a rush-like ridin a dang roller coaster :cool:

firebiker

Brad, their suppose to build a new Publix where Hwy 124 & hwy 332 cross

bradpatt03

ooh....well i'll probably still be closer to the one across from chateau elan...:huh:

i just hope it doesn't get all built up around us...we just moved out here for that very reason...cause we used to live in snellville and it got WAY to crowded...