Modify or die!

TheOwl

Banned
Ok, so I'm not really ready to do anything too radical, and right now I don't have the $$ to do much at all. But, when I do, what should I do next to my Ford F150 FX4? I have nerf bars on it already, and I'm looking at the grill guards, etc.
What really needs the most help to me, is the hind-end of the thing. It's just,......well....BORING! :)
What can I do to add a little intrest to the backside of that thing? ( And no, it doesn't need little Mexican balls around the headliner :bounce: , or a roll bar in the bed. :rofl: )
What are some good lookin' mods you've seen?

owl

bradpatt03

here's a cheap and easy mod :huh: .....

i used to have the same truck so i can definitely help you w/ mod ideas...

Attachments

• FRM-15.jpg
    FRM-15.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 158

bradpatt03

BUT- me personally- i had a 3" body lift, chrome 17" wheels, 35" mud-terrain tires, a billett grill, hyper white lights, clear corner lenses, polished emblems (Chromed out), a 7" in-dash tv, a huge sound system in the back seat, a ps2 under the seat, dual flowmaster exhaust, and...i can't remember what else...remind me why i am at work and i'll post a pic...

unfortanately that truck fell victim to the cruise control recalls that resulted in under-the-hood fires while the vehicle was parked ('01) model....it burnt to a crisp in my driveway in the middle of the night last summer...:cry: but i did get an '04 f-150 out of the deal so its not TOO bad :banana:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
You could put on Euro style tail light covers. Things get real expensive when you start modifying anything on a truck. I know!

DurtyDawgs47

someone in this place has the ford emblem on the back with a rebel flag background......maybe if they see this they will post the pic. on the sides they also had 4X4 Dixie Dirt with rebel flag background. i liked it...

bradpatt03

lab- :rofl: i'm glad you did it first...cause i was tempted...a lot of my buddies got these things and they are a hot commodity...people steal the things like crazy right off of the truck :crazy: i always told him not to worry about it because it meant they had to handle them and whatnot first :rofl:

TheOwl

Banned
Brad! Man, that thing was really tricked out. I don't think I'll put that much $$ into it. It's a fishin' truck! Already got two dings, some scratches from a FS road, and mud in the carpet. :( That's what I get for puttin off gettin better floor mats.
I do like the Ford logo cover things. I saw one on ebay that let you change the color of the Ford logo to red and black!
I'd really like to get one of those hard covers for the back too, but the wife hates them and says if I put one on there, she will beat me. :) hahaha

I'm glad I didn't follow that link if it's what I think it is. I guess some folks don't care that there are kids out there on the roads, and parents that will have to explain that to them. :confused: :crazy: :bounce:

bradpatt03

'm glad I didn't follow that link if it's what I think it is. I guess some folks don't care that there are kids out there on the roads, and parents that will have to explain that to them.

true, true- but that doesn't make it any less funny :bounce:

as far as the changin the color- when i did my emblems...we just used paint stripper...it pulls all of the color out and leaves you w/ the chrome look...i didn't do it myself- i had help..but it really isn't nearly as hard as you'd think...and its free :cool:

bradpatt03

here she is owl-terrible quality because i took a digital pic of a real pic...but here ya go...

Attachments

• DSCN1679.jpg
    DSCN1679.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 60

TheOwl

Banned
Man, that is nice! :clap:

This thing I got has 18" wheels on it, and as soon as I need new tires, I'm gonna try and go a little bigger, that I know. Oh, the gas milage will drop I'm sure. By the time I get done with it, I'll be getting 2 mpg. ;)

bradpatt03

here's one of where i did the emblems on my old f-250 (if you can tell)

Attachments

• f250_civic_back.jpg
    f250_civic_back.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 56