brittany's first time on quail

andrew_dial

i just joined the forum after a long time of visiting and wanted to just show off my brittany. hes a year and a half and i had some pictures from early fall when i got him on quail the first time. there was a post on here in september by tuff dawg about a missing brittany that was lost for a few days then returned. well this is him! this was just on singles. at christmas we put 30 out in groups of 4 or 5 and brought back 23 because my other shooter couldnt hit a barn if she was standing in it.

Attachments

• memphis 1.jpg
    memphis 1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 441
  • memphis 2.jpg
    memphis 2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 438
  • memphis 3.jpg
    memphis 3.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 437
  • memphis 4.jpg
    memphis 4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 436
  • memphis 5.jpg
    memphis 5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 439

mha

That is a beautiful dog. I saw in another post that you mentioned Dr. Dellinger. Did you get your britt from him?

Luke0927

Great pics....did this britt come from Dr. Dellinger me and him are friends 2 of my dogs came from some of his stuff. Are you training the dog yourself?

andrew_dial

yes he came from dr dellingers buck and two guns little lucy. and yes i am training him my self. well we are training each other haha

mecicon

I love brits. And I know what they are used for. keep up the good work.

mha

I have two brittanys from Dr. Dellinger and one of them is from a Lucy/Buck litter. They are great dogs and so far have been able to overcome my lack of training expertise. Good luck with yours. I'm sure you will have a great time with them.

Attachments

• Tignall 177.jpg
    Tignall 177.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 364

Ol' 30-30

Good lookin pup. Keep the quail chat and pics coming. These Duck addicts will take over if us upland guys don't make an appearance every now and then. We're putting on a hunt this weekend at the farm-about 100 birds. I'll post pics first part of next week.

BirdNut

Good lookin pup. Keep the quail chat and pics coming. These Duck addicts will take over if us upland guys don't make an appearance every now and then. We're putting on a hunt this weekend at the farm-about 100 birds. I'll post pics first part of next week.

Agreed on the good looking pup and the quacks on here.

andrew_dial

I have two brittanys from Dr. Dellinger and one of them is from a Lucy/Buck litter. They are great dogs and so far have been able to overcome my lack of training expertise. Good luck with yours. I'm sure you will have a great time with them.

how old is yours from the buck/lucy litter? memphis was born june 20 2007

SSG

That would be a great looking dog , if he olny had a tail.....
Just kidding. I,ve had brits in the past and loved them, but I,m stuck on English Setters now. The only problem with setters is picking the burs out of the tails at the end of the hunt.

mha

The dog I have from Buck and Lucy is only 6 months so I'm just starting to work her on birds. The dog in the pic in my earlier post is from Dellinger but from different parents. He is about 2 1/2 and is starting to come around nicely. I grew up with brittanys and have always loved them, but only in the past few years have I had some of my own.

tpw35

yes he came from dr dellingers buck and two guns little lucy. and yes i am training him my self. well we are training each other haha

I may have his brother, Mine came from Dr Dellinger and is also a year and half old, Ill have to check his papers but I am thinking he was born in July. He is hunting good, We found a wild covey in S.C. this weekend.

andrew_dial

memphis is the runt of that litter. it would be cool if yours was from the same litter. we would need to reunite the brothers one day!

tpw35

memphis is the runt of that litter. it would be cool if yours was from the same litter. we would need to reunite the brothers one day!
I just checked his papers and he is from the same litter, I had assumed he (Tripp) was the runt, He was the last one from the litter left. He was 5 months old when I got him from Dr. Dellinger. I have a johnny house with some quail on a friends land in McDonough, I would like to get them together sometime, You can call me @ 678-858-0734.

MattG

Hey Andrew! Memphis looks great. I hope the training goes well. Also, I left a message for my buddy about the trip to the Ft. Valley plantation we talked about Monday night. I'll give you a call when I hear back from him.

Later,
Matt

andrew_dial

I just checked his papers and he is from the same litter, I had assumed he (Tripp) was the runt, He was the last one from the litter left. He was 5 months old when I got him from Dr. Dellinger. I have a johnny house with some quail on a friends land in McDonough, I would like to get them together sometime, You can call me @ 678-858-0734.

thats funny. you must have gotten him right after i got memphis. i picked him up on december 21st. he was a christmas present for my sweetie. how big is tripp now? memphis is only 30 lbs

andrew_dial

Hey Andrew! Memphis looks great. I hope the training goes well. Also, I left a message for my buddy about the trip to the Ft. Valley plantation we talked about Monday night. I'll give you a call when I hear back from him.

Later,
Matt

sounds like a plan. i really hope it works out. i just love watchin him work!

tpw35

thats funny. you must have gotten him right after i got memphis. i picked him up on december 21st. he was a christmas present for my sweetie. how big is tripp now? memphis is only 30 lbs
He is 38-39 pounds, I picked him up on the Wednesday after Christmas, He was also a christmas present for the family. Lets get them together sometime.

andrew_dial

ok ill give you a shout this weekend. my number is 770 354 9639. feel free to call anytime
He is 38-39 pounds, I picked him up on the Wednesday after Christmas, He was also a christmas present for the family. Lets get them together sometime.