Waters Creek

CharlesH

I'm planning a trip up the road in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anybody has been lately or has heard what they are hitting. Also if i were to take a spinning rod/reel, what should i use for lures??

CharlesH

I believe you can as long as they are barbless, i believe i'll go this Wed. and take the fly rod again, i'm not that great with it, but i can't get better without the practice.

clarkesville snit

I'll be interested in how you do. Seems like the only ones with any success are those that throw something that imitates the food they feed the fish.

CharlesH

Yeah all i've gotten is to buy/make a cork lure that looks like the food, but i'll give it a shot from 4-6:30 tomorrow and then maybe try some on ****s on my way out.

CharlesH

skunked

Well i didn't have any replica of the food they feed the fish and i really am still an ametur with the fly rod so all i believe i did today was spook some fish and possibly learn how to cast a little better. But let me tell you i found so REAL BIG trout and i mean i saw a dozen or more that would push 25" easily and even had one check out my bait, but he just didn't like the looks of it. Guess i might take one more shot next Wed. before the season closes.

Latest posts