Warmwater fly swap

Streamer

Spring is coming, so how about a warmwater fly swap?
Bass, striper, panfish, carp, ect... If you use it in warm water it will work.

This is the fly swap rules and sign up thread. If you are interested in participating in a fly swap, please respond to this thread. I will update the swap member list until sign up deadline.

Rules. You must sign up before 2/26/09.
The fly you tie is up to you.Any pattern you wish.Tie only one pattern.Fresh or saltwater flies accepted.
You will need to tie one fly for every member in the swap but yourself(10 members 9 flies).
Do not tie something different for each member.
So if your pattern is an Adams,tie an Adams for each member.
Toe Tag each fly with fly name and your board name.
Toe tags are little slips of paper with the info written on them.
Push the hook point thru the toe tag so there is one for each fly.
Flies must be received by me by 3/20/08.
Flies must be mailed to me in a crush proof container(Altoid Tins are great for this).
Included in this package, mailed to me, must be a return pre-addressed mailer with sufficient postage to mail it back to you. I use 4x6 or 6x8 padded mailers from Wal-Mart. Usually $2 worth of postage for the return mailer is more than plenty.
I suggest buying two mailers one larger than the other. Mail fly container and return postage affixed mailer in the larger of the two. I will return the flies to you in your container as soon as all are received. I will PM my address to each of the members.If everyone is OK with it I will post a picture of your fly contribution in a Swap pic thread. So who's in?And what will you tie? You may decide what you'll tie at a later date just let us know if you want to join.

Paymaster, I copied your rules, hope that is ok.

1-Streamer - Here
2-Paymaster-Here
3-Bonedog- tbd
4-Bossofthewoods-Here
5-Dawgcpa-Here
6-Waregle1-Here
7-Allenww- stealth bomber Here
8-Tightliner-Here
9-Lake B
10-Bitter root

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Absolutely fine with me. I will join in your swap as well.:cool:

bonedog

I'll do some RLD's. Got to get my tying mojo back and get to work restocking some boxes.
bd

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
ttt

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
OK, come on Y'all we need some tyers to step up here.

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

I'll join in. Like bone dog said ,have to get my grove back,hadn't had the vice out in over a year but went to shallow water expo & did some restocking @ Michaels afterwards. May try a foam frog or a deer hair popper, or if some one prefers something saltwater? I'll try a few & see what comes out the best.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Ok, now we get'n somewhere.

waregle1

Count me in

I will tie up a few...whatdayacallthems....:huh:

anyway count me in...

Kim Youngblood
(waregle1)

allenww

Fly swap

I would like to participate.

My favorite last year was Kent Edmond's "Stealth Bomber", and I'll bet it is still good this season.

I will tie it sized for panfish.

wa

Tightliner

I'm in. Dont know what I'll tie yet though. I'll let ya know soon. Later..............

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
One more bump for any of the "Newbs" out there.

Lakeb

Banned
I would like to join. It's been a while since I tied anything, but I'd like to get the ole vice back out.

I'll tie a bass bug or a dragon fly. I will need to see what I have as far as materials go.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Ok, I'm in!

BUT NOTE:
Since you goofballs are including us OCWD's (Old Cold Water Dude's) you have to know you're gonna be tradin a perfectly good fly to me for what is prolly gonna amount to POCKET LINT! :bounce:

I haven't tied anything larger that a #18 in so long, my new vice might topple off the table under the weigth of a much larger hook. I'll do my best, but nobody gets to mumble under their breath at my offering! :smash::biggrin2:

Streamer

Ok guys, We have 10, so i'm going to go ahead and close the swap. If I get all the flies early, Ill go ahead and send them out. Cant wait to see what you guys twist up. PM me for the ship to address.

Tightliner

Now that Bitteroot has collected enough belly button lint (bout time) and pitched in:crazy:, I'll peg down my pattern. I too am overwhelmed with anything over an 18 although I have been piddlin with some big stuff. I'll do a MOF. The smaller sizes have been dooin well during the shad kill on the Hiwassee (oops,:rolleyes: I gave it away!). I'll try to up size them a bit but please dont expect to slay many stripers with them. Later.................

Lakeb

Banned
I am going to tie a foam bass bug with locofoam.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I am tying Clousers or I should say,my version of Mr. Clouser's pattern.:rolleyes:

Tightliner

Mine hit the mail today;). Later..............