spring goose season in arkansas

WOODS N WATER

Going to Arkansas next week for spring snow goose season. Been told that we are going to use cow decoys to walk up on the geese. Has anyone done this before and how successful were you?

I don't think you are going to have through all of that trouble to kill some snows.:D

Last edited:

wingding

good luck on the cow-moo-fluage:D hope yall have a good hunt. post us some pic's, wish I could go but I'm saving for a boat for next season.

alphachief

Never used the cow decoys, but I know they work. A guide from Mississippi joined our hunting group out there last year and brought a video of a client that hunted his land with them. Those boys walked right out to edge of the flock and layed into them.

On a side note...unless your hunting over dekes...you need something like this. Majority of the fields out there are laser leveled now and without the cross ditches it's darn near impossible to get a decent jump shoot on them anymore.

WOODS N WATER

good luck on the cow-moo-fluage:D hope yall have a good hunt. post us some pic's, wish I could go but I'm saving for a boat for next season.

Gonna try to get some video, but definitly some pics.:bounce:

kscoggins

good luck man, I saw the same video that alphachief saw and it definitely worked for those boys. We are gonna try our go at em the end of this month.

crow

A few folks are using a new sneak tool very effectively this year. A mirror like substance made like a shield. Made single or double wide. Have a trailing piece of camo cloth so feet dont show. It seems to be very effective. I've wanted to make a mirror blind ever since I saw one used in an old Wide World of Sports segment with Kurt Gowdy hunting on Remington Farms using one. Was deadly on Canadas back in the day.

howl

Banned
All I got to say is, if you see a bull in the pasture, make sure you're the one in the front of the costume.