My Duck Mount

JHannah92

Got the mount of my hen wood duck I shot this year. It's my first duck and the only one I killed. Can't wait for next year to get a drake to mount with her!

Attachments

• Duck.jpg
    Duck.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,276
  • Duck2.jpg
    Duck2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,016
  • Duck3.jpg
    Duck3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,276

Booner Killa

Sorry but I'd ask for a refund.

Some of you fellas kill me. He didn't ask your opinion. He's proud of his first duck, went through the trouble to post pics of it and you just have to go and say something like that!! GIVE IT A REST OH GLORIOUS DUCK MASTER!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:I know I know. I'll go ahead and say you're a better duck hunter than I am!!!! I'll save you the trouble of typing it out.:rofl::rofl:

Arrow3

Some of you fellas kill me. He didn't ask your opinion. He's proud of his first duck, went through the trouble to post pics of it and you just have to go and say something like that!! GIVE IT A REST OH GLORIOUS DUCK MASTER!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:I know I know. I'll go ahead and say you're a better duck hunter than I am!!!! I'll save you the trouble of typing it out.:rofl::rofl:

Good post..:cheers:

bonaireboy

wow..you guys can be brutal for no reason. Congrats on your 1st bird. Hope you have many more. I mounted the 1st bird I shot also, a juvenile Mallard drake. Had a nimrod make a comment when I dropped it off also. Its your treasure, enjoy it.

DUD

Banned
wow..you guys can be brutal for no reason. Congrats on your 1st bird. Hope you have many more. I mounted the 1st bird I shot also, a juvenile Mallard drake. Had a nimrod make a comment when I dropped it off also. Its your treasure, enjoy it.

Congrats on your first bird!

I dont think that anyone is knocking the fact that he mounted his first bird. Most people do. I think what is being questioned is the quality of work performed by the taxidermist that mounted it. Not sure if it is the way the pic was taken or the glare that is on it but the taxidermy work doesnt look great. I would also like to know how much the mount cost?

Once again I'm not knocking you but with it being your first bird you may want to check around and look at some other mounts and see IYO how yours fairs up to them. Congrats again on the bird!

emusmacker

Congrats on your first woody, maybe you'll get a dake this season!

JHannah92

Thanks for all the comments guys. I am very proud of my first duck and I think the mount looks pretty good to me (the one opinion that matters) so if you don't like my bad mount don't look at it. As for the rest of the comments, thanks for the kind words. This fall I plan to kill a drake to go with her, and the same man is gonna mount it also.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congratulations on your first duck. You have every right to be proud.

Ignore the the holier-than-thou`s.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations on the 1st kill! Here's to many more.

CAL

Congratulations on ya first duck!I like your mount too.A hen is not the britest colored bird to begin with.I think your taxidermist did a great job.She is suppose to be dull in color to help camo.herself and her little ones.Good luck getting your Drake to go along with her.

brittonl

Congrats, I like the mount! It is unique and makes you happy and that is what matters. Not everyone has the funds, etc. to take their trophies to an award winning taxidermist, Masters could be on his way to being one!

DeweyDuck

Congrats

Thanks y'all.

and welcome to the addictive world of duck hunting. BTW, you are in for a life of Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----; buying calls, making your family miserable by blowing those calls, wasting time on the internet looking at duck hunting clubs in exotic locations, buying special guns for hunting, burning up ammo sighting in those guns, trying to suck your buddies into going on a fruitless duck hunt, and listening to your family telling you "I told You So".
Now, don't say you weren't warned!!!