Fawn Bleat

goodoleboy1012000

Anyone every used this call? I heard that does will come running when they here this call and I would like to put a little meat in the freezer this weekend....

L

loouuii

Bleat

Iv'e used a bleat call and one of those tip-over can bleats. I have had better luck with the canned bleat. You can also call young ones back with the can. Just depends on how much and what kind of meat you want for the freezer. :bounce:

frankwright

If done correctly it can work very well. I saw a Primos video where they were squalling on a fawn call as loud as they could and deer would come running into the area to see what was going on. I tried it numerous times over several years and never saw any deer while doing it.

On the other hand, I have a very old P.S. OLT deer call that I blow a low soft pitiful sounding fawn bawl and I cannot tell you how many bucks and does I saw right after blowing that call. It does not work every time,but nothing does.

I think people have reported some luck with "the can" and others have thrown them away.

Heck, Give one a try and see what happens. Experience is the best teacher!;)

mikel

fawn bleat

i used one on the east coast and emptied a soybean field that had 37 deer in it.i still think they are running.i have had success with the primos can call though.its just like anything else sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont.but after seeing those deer vanish before my eyes i will not use another fawn bleat.

L

loouuii

frankwright said:
If done correctly it can work very well. I saw a Primos video where they were squalling on a fawn call as loud as they could and deer would come running into the area to see what was going on. I tried it numerous times over several years and never saw any deer while doing it.

Trouble with most of those factory tapes is they were made on a game ranch with penned up deer :shoot:

cowboyron

Fawn bleats will work at the right time of year. Unfortunatly it's not that time of year, the time is before the season starts when the fawns are still very young. I'm not saying you won't get a response I myself have not had any success with a fawn bleat. It's like with all the gadgets.......It's purdy cool when they do work. Most of my success is sitting quitely and waiting. I've tried alot of different calls and have only had deer respond only once but that one time was awesome. A buck and a doe came barreling out of a bedding area down a hill to check out the grunting sounds they heard. Never did get a shot with my bow but it was awsome.

dixie

bleat

If anything we use should be outlawed, this is it, like anything else, nothing works 100% of the time BUT, these bleats are awesome!! I've had two does JUMP over me trying to find the "fawn". Used right, they work too well.

cowboyron

Dixie

Tell us your secrets to the right way to use these thangs ...cuz I want them jumping over me this year. ;)

sr.corndog

Fawn bleat

I have used the call but it was only effective when a doe has a fawn close buy she is watching. I was cutting hay and a fawn jumped then a doe and I shut my tractor down and used the call and it did work!

Briar

GONetwork Member
Fawn bleat works for me .

I missed a doe with my bow at about 30 yards and as she was bounding off I blew my fawn bleat very loud like a fawn was dying . She stopped in her tracks and came running back offering a 15 yard chip shot and I nailed her . I've had other does come in from 100 yards off to give me a shot . I don't use it unless I can see the doe that I'm calling to . I blow it as loud and aggressive as I can and it has worked for me on numerous occassions . I also killed a coyote one time . I saw a doe in a cutover at about 150 yards so I started calling and within 5 seconds two coyotes came running in and I nailed one of them . I only use mine in bow season . I think the main thing to remember is that you are trying to imitate a DYING fawn so blow as loud as you can .

morris

I called in one doe yesterday she came in running and I could not get a shot. Also called in a coyote but he to was too quick. The fawn bleat doesn't work everytime but when it does it can be exciting. Took an old boy with me one afternoon and called in 5 different does. Two of them about ran over the feller. When you call be ready to shoot release on the string etc if your hear something go ahead and draw cause they usually don't hang around long.

swamp

I used mine yesterday and had 3 come in- the CAN by Primos

DCHunter

I heard a doe make a bleat Sat. morning so I answered it with the Primos can bleat. 30 seconds later 2 does came running right to my stand. I was surrounded by real deer at the time so that may have helped.

THREEJAYS

Ive also heard of folks having good luck,but also have heard of dogs,coyotees and bobcats responding

JerryC

I have never had luck with the can, but have had does come running right up to me (by that I mean 3-4 ft) after blowing a fawn bleat. I would say 1) be ready and 2) be in a stand, not on the ground. Of course I have no idea if it may have scared more than that off but I know it has worked for me. -JerryC

Hardwood man

I have the early season bleat can buy primos. I read somewhere wether it be in here or in a magazine that it could be good for late rut cause the later rut is usually the yearlings coming into season. Well tried it out last Saturday. The first time I hit it 3 times at around 9:20. Wasn't 2 minutes later had 4 doe come in so I shot 1 and the others ran off. Went ahead right then and hit it 3 more times and about 2 minutes later I recon those 3 came back and I got another and 2 ran off. Well I hit the can 3 more times and the other 2 came back, so I shot 1 of them. I quit after that, I was scrared another would of come in if I hit it again so I just got up. Now I didn't see no bucks at all except a little 6 pointer early in the morning before I tried the bleat so if it doesn't work on the buck I do believe it really works on the does. :shoot: :shoot: