heading to Toccoa this weekend...

RipperIII

Gonna do a quail/trout trip.
I was told to bring a 6wt with 10lb leader or stronger...is this necessary? I like a 4wt with lighter tackle, what flies should I use...looks to be in the low 70's and sunny

Matt

i'll be up there myself on sat., 10lb leader sounds a little overkill, i like to go 4lb line and no.6 or 8 hooks for stockers in the creeks, but the toccoa go with a little heavier line and no. 4 hooks with to get down in them deep holes, i've had luck with crickets, but if you wanna use flies try a woolly bugger, might look like a meal worm to em

hevishot

Banned
If you are fishing for pellet pigs, you might need every bit of that...snits or wild fish I'd stay light..

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
If you are fishing for pellet pigs, you might need every bit of that...snits or wild fish I'd stay light..

Ditto.....

The big fish prolly won't take you to the backing since isn't enough room gerneraly, but you may have to control the runs, and a 6x prolly won't do that if its a peller fish!

RipperIII

I think they are"pet" trout, pellet fed...which I don't find appealing.
I would rather catch a 12" wild trout than a 26" pellet pig.
Sunday we will fish around Sandy bottom,...wooly boogers might be the trick?

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
I think they are"pet" trout, pellet fed...which I don't find appealing.
I would rather catch a 12" wild trout than a 26" pellet pig.
Sunday we will fish around Sandy bottom,...wooly boogers might be the trick?

You never know, nothing wrong with going light and breaking off... it's the North Ga catch and quick release plan! :cool:

Tightliner

With a warm week-end, if it clouds over...... look for baetis.

Tightliner

You never know, nothing wrong with going light and breaking off... it's the North Ga catch and quick release plan! :cool:

If pet=pig does pellet =y2k? ;) Later............